CT AWB - Muzzel Brake Clarification

Please stop here first for forum rules and to introduce yourself to the members. This is a general meeting place to discuss things with like minded indivuduals.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

CT AWB - Muzzel Brake Clarification

Postby steve » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:22 pm

I just purchased a new M6A2. It's on its way to CT. Before shipping, LWRC and the dealer in AZ stated they (LWRC) had to pin the stock (understood) and then had to replece the Flash Hider with a Muzzle Brake (understood). But they (LWRC) said that CT law does "not" require them to "pin or weld" the MB to the barrel. I'm getting conflicting comments as to whether or not the MB has to be pined or welded to the barrel from various people including local dealers. I'd like to think that LWRC is on top of the various requirements by state? I don't want to go pick my sweetheart up from my local dealer only to be told I can't leave with her as configured/shipped.

Can someone who knows the facts weigh in on this? :?

Sorry for posting this in two places...new to forums. I appreciate your patience.
steve
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Re: CT AWB - Muzzel Brake Clearification

Postby echo419 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:09 pm

(iv) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor;

counts as one of features as far as I cam tell...

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/pub/Chap943. ... 3-202a.htm
echo419
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby TENMMIKE » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:20 pm

TENMMIKE
Rank 5 Captain ★★★★★

Postby JoeBoy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:14 am

It has to be pinned. Not sure who you spoke with but they sound confused, either way if it leaves our factory destined for a Ban-State you can be sure that it'll be compliant.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. -Hanlon's Razor

I do not regularly check private messages here, please e-mail me if you expect a response.
JoeBoy
Super Awesome

Postby steve » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:15 pm

Thank you.
steve
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Return to General Discussion