It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CT AWB - Muzzel Brake Clarification
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:22 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

I just purchased a new M6A2. It's on its way to CT. Before shipping, LWRC and the dealer in AZ stated they (LWRC) had to pin the stock (understood) and then had to replece the Flash Hider with a Muzzle Brake (understood). But they (LWRC) said that CT law does "not" require them to "pin or weld" the MB to the barrel. I'm getting conflicting comments as to whether or not the MB has to be pined or welded to the barrel from various people including local dealers. I'd like to think that LWRC is on top of the various requirements by state? I don't want to go pick my sweetheart up from my local dealer only to be told I can't leave with her as configured/shipped.

Can someone who knows the facts weigh in on this? :?

Sorry for posting this in two places...new to forums. I appreciate your patience.

Post subject: Re: CT AWB - Muzzel Brake Clearification
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:09 pm 
Piston Sergant

(iv) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor;

counts as one of features as far as I cam tell...

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/pub/Chap943. ... 3-202a.htm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:20 pm 
Generalissimo of the Piston Revolution

see if this helps
http://cybersmithblog.blogspot.com/2007 ... plain.html

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:14 am 
Super Awesome
 WWW  Profile

It has to be pinned. Not sure who you spoke with but they sound confused, either way if it leaves our factory destined for a Ban-State you can be sure that it'll be compliant.

I do not regularly check private messages here, please e-mail me if you expect a response.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:15 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

Thank you.