It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: 2013 SHOT speculation...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:10 pm 
Piston SGT

Any speculation as to what LWRC will have for the 2013 SHOT show?

Post subject: Re: 2013 SHOT speculation...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:17 pm 
Super Ninja Piston Expert

Me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:27 pm 
Piston SGT

CATTLEDAWG wrote:

Perhaps a REPR with IC features incorporated?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 pm 
Super Ninja Piston Warrior. Pow!

longmj82 wrote:
CATTLEDAWG wrote:

Perhaps a REPR with IC features incorporated?

Doubt it. While I'm sure it's inevitable, it's too soon for them to have put the manpower and R&D into it, they've had too much on their plate as it is.

The SIX8, being the new kid on the block/new horse in the stable, will be the centerpiece for sure, since the IC and its two variants would at that point be old news.

As for NEW new stuff? Beats the hell outta me. They seem to have stopped caring about the .300 BLK project. Maybe a Tricon 6000 or something that uses IC architecture. I don't see them doing their own SCAR/ACR/XCR "built from the ground up" piston rifle with how tied up they've been trying to release the stuff they showed at SHOT 2012.

So probably the (finalized) SIX8 + PMAGs, the ICs, and all their mainstay/currently available models (M6A1/1-S, M6A2/2-S, SPR, M6A5, SL) on display in the background.

You are the Resistance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:59 pm 

Whatever it is they have... its gonna break my piggy bank eventually

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

- Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:19 am 
Sanctity protector of the board
 WWW  Profile

Well, this is the big thing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:21 am 
 WWW  Profile

There is already a REPR with some of the IC features (mainly the gas system). We have only sold them to a few Gov entities, but not one with the monoforge upper etc.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:28 am 

I would like to see more of the entire line going to an SPR rail saystem.

??

Evil Preaches Tolerance Until It Is Dominant, Then Seeks to Silence Good

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:42 am 
Super Ninja Piston Warrior. Pow!

Uh...ic gas on repr. Is that like the mjolnir repr with 2 position gas block, or the whole flash reduction gas block, etc.? I love repr.

Thanks for posting, Darren!

Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
--Frank Outlaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:52 am 

Darren, what about that crazy little psd with the mp5 style stock?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 am 
I AM Tactical.

Those billet ambi lowers are just sexxy. Once IC production is up and going, will you still offer billet ambi lowers? If not i may need to scoop a spartan or another operator.

Pmags in 6.8, watch out!

By definition, criminals are civilians that do not follow laws. So how would a new law even remotely stop them from obtaining firearms and committing crimes with said firearms? Stopping law abiding citizens from owning firearms only creates more victims!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:00 pm 
 WWW  Profile

It is a scaled up version of the IC gas block (for 7.62), and has the spiral fluted barrel.

Gas block has only 2 positions, it is a continuous bleed style gas block with the vent being flash suppressed as it is on the IC and A5. By venting excess gas (like the FAL, SCAR, etc) and always having an open portal for vaporized copper and carbon, it is not as subject to freezing the gas regulator. The trade off with a design like this is you generally get a bloom or flash from the venting gas that can be seen especially with EO/IR. It can blind your EO/IR on the weapon or your helmet monocular. Jesse solved this by venting the gas inside the little hole you use to adjust the regulator with a bullet tip. This breaks the jet of gas up immediately like a flash suppressor so there is no jet bloom or flash. The only place you see it is inside the little hole which shows laterally.

The only commercial version we have done of this so far was a run for Larson's firearms in Washington state. He had them done in a cool sniper grey color, and has some custom engraving. I believe he took shipment of these in the last two weeks and may still have some available. It will become a commercial item for us, but probably not until well into 2013. They are 16" guns with spiral barrels.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:17 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
Darren, what about that crazy little psd with the mp5 style stock?

We will definitely have that at shot show. Thus far we have only done limited rate production to be able to compete it in the DHS trials for a PDW. To go into commercial production is something that I seem to have trouble estimating. It is hard to estimate as I usually look at the production schedule and capacity, and that is not the bottle neck. The bottle neck over the last few years is having enough engineering capacity to produce the full TDP for it to actually go into production. Plus the secondary vendors (injection mold makers, casting houses, forging houses).

I can tell you this about this company which is frustrating (because I can never seem to be able to pull off a proper product launch), things do not get prioritized unless there is market pressure on our exec team to set up additional resources to handle it. That means there is little urgency unless people are screaming. The problem with that is, we show something early (with the best intentions), and then the imitators come along and just copy the concept. We have been more careful with this filing patents before we show it or we just don't show it until it is ready.

What is nice with the Six 8 stuff is we kept that pretty close for two years, and did not show it until production was already rolling on the first 6000 units. So we can launch it at shot, and the magazines, the ATK ammo, everything will be immediately available following the show.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:44 pm 

darren wrote:
It is a scaled up version of the IC gas block (for 7.62), and has the spiral fluted barrel.

Gas block has only 2 positions, it is a continuous bleed style gas block with the vent being flash suppressed as it is on the IC and A5. By venting excess gas (like the FAL, SCAR, etc) and always having an open portal for vaporized copper and carbon, it is not as subject to freezing the gas regulator. The trade off with a design like this is you generally get a bloom or flash from the venting gas that can be seen especially with EO/IR. It can blind your EO/IR on the weapon or your helmet monocular. Jesse solved this by venting the gas inside the little hole you use to adjust the regulator with a bullet tip. This breaks the jet of gas up immediately like a flash suppressor so there is no jet bloom or flash. The only place you see it is inside the little hole which shows laterally.

The only commercial version we have done of this so far was a run for Larson's firearms in Washington state. He had them done in a cool sniper grey color, and has some custom engraving. I believe he took shipment of these in the last two weeks and may still have some available. It will become a commercial item for us, but probably not until well into 2013. They are 16" guns with spiral barrels.

I was already very happy with my Mjolnir purchase and but now I am supper dupper excited to be getting one, lmao.
I now fully expect much jealuosy and envy towards the limited 25 or so gun owners.
LOL, now ya'll wish you got one. Might still have one or two available.

Shot

Evil Preaches Tolerance Until It Is Dominant, Then Seeks to Silence Good

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:28 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
Those billet ambi lowers are just sexxy. Once IC production is up and going, will you still offer billet ambi lowers? If not i may need to scoop a spartan or another operator.

The new six8 ambi receivers are forged as in the above pic. They look better than billet because jesse has them all coined (Struck a second time after heat treat).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next