It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: badger universal charging handle
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:42 pm 
I AM Tactical.

picked one up mainly so my operator could be fully ambi. i shoot lefty so its quite nice. the levers on this thing are HUGE. nice, yet probably too big. makes the springs inside it feel kind of nonexistent because there is soo much leverage (feels normal if you grab it further in as if a reg latch was installed). Overall its a pretty nice charging handle. Worth the $, and I would recommend this to lefty shooters who dont like removing their firing hand to charge. Seems very well built, on par with the bcm gunfighter that came with the spr and MUCH nicer than the milspec that came on my operator.

took a couple pics installed (yea i know she's oily), and a couple side by sides with a magpul 5.56 dummy round for relative size.

this one shows the ambi features nice, besides the mag release of course

I will probably end up replacing this once the lwrc ambi c.h. comes out, but till then I'll keep this installed.

By definition, criminals are civilians that do not follow laws. So how would a new law even remotely stop them from obtaining firearms and committing crimes with said firearms? Stopping law abiding citizens from owning firearms only creates more victims!

Post subject: Re: badger universal charging handle
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:43 pm 

I ran a badger latch for a very long time. They're an imporvement over the standard but they're not nearly as good as the BCM gunfighters in my opinion. They always seemed to pull slightly to right and caused excess wear on the right side of the charging handle. I spose if it fills your needs for an ambi latch then it does what you need.

I'm also looking forward to seeing LW's ambi latch.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:45 pm 
I AM Tactical.

If bcm took their's and threw the exact same latch on the other side too, I would look no where else. How centered the bcm stays is amazing. Truely the best available today for a righty shooter. I put the bcm in the operator upper until lwrc's is available.

By definition, criminals are civilians that do not follow laws. So how would a new law even remotely stop them from obtaining firearms and committing crimes with said firearms? Stopping law abiding citizens from owning firearms only creates more victims!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:12 pm 
Piston SGT

Vdub5818 wrote:
If bcm took their's and threw the exact same latch on the other side too, I would look no where else. How centered the bcm stays is amazing. Truely the best available today for a righty shooter. I put the bcm in the operator upper until lwrc's is available.

Why bother with an ambi lower/ charging handle when you are going to shoot from your dominant side 95% of the time? When I do weak side transitions I practice taking my hand off of fire control to charge the weapon I guess that's like asking why a sunset is good....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:30 pm 
I AM Tactical.

Because I shoot rifles lefty, as I am left eye dom. Dont get me wrong with a rds I can shoot righty no problem, but with iron sights shooting righty requires me to close my left eye which is no bueno. The right side bolt catch/release is just nice for weak side shooting for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:59 pm 
Piston SGT

Vdub5818 wrote:
Because I shoot rifles lefty, as I am left eye dom. Dont get me wrong with a rds I can shoot righty no problem, but with iron sights shooting righty requires me to close my left eye which is no bueno. The right side bolt catch/release is just nice for weak side shooting for me.

Right on, I almost got an operator , I went for an SPR instead... I keep wondering if I'm left eye Dom. What's the best way to figure that again?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:01 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

Vdub5818 wrote:
l probably end up replacing this once the lwrc ambi c.h. comes out, but till then I'll keep this installed.

Do you mean the one shown on the IC rifle, or is there a different one?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:39 pm 
I AM Tactical.

Merlin32 wrote:
Vdub5818 wrote:

Right on, I almost got an operator , I went for an SPR instead... I keep wondering if I'm left eye Dom. What's the best way to figure that again?

With both eyes open point your finger at a point and aim. Then close your right eye. If your aim is still dead on then you are left eye dominant. Try the same but close your left eye. You'll see what im saying

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:40 pm 
I AM Tactical.

Plisky wrote:
Vdub5818 wrote:
l probably end up replacing this once the lwrc ambi c.h. comes out, but till then I'll keep this installed.

Yep the one on the IC.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:53 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

Vdub5818 wrote:
Plisky wrote:
Vdub5818 wrote:

Yep the one on the IC.

You do know it's from Troy right?

http://troyind.com/%20/weapon-upgrades/ ... ing-soon-2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:11 pm 
I AM Tactical.

They said they are coming up with their own design. The marketing photos of the ic also show it with a troy mag release but the production versions will be their own design. I believe its nutnfancy's shot show video shows lwrc's design c.h.

Last edited by Vdub5818 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:15 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

I was told by the guys at SHOT and even seen it hands it, it was Troy. If they're doing their own stuff, that's awesome I want one too. Just pointing out the one shown is Troy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:40 pm 
I AM Tactical.

Parabellum arament also has a very nice design(s) but like everything else including the troy, is not available yet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:49 pm 
Super Ninja Piston Warrior. Pow!

Plisky wrote:
I was told by the guys at SHOT and even seen it hands it, it was Troy. If they're doing their own stuff, that's awesome I want one too. Just pointing out the one shown is Troy.

The CH in your post is not the LWRC ambi CH. The LWRC version looks more like a 2 armed BCM CH. They actually had the ambi CH in aftermarket packaging at SHOT. Price was somewhere just over $100 if I recall. While it is cool and all, I think the BCM is more than adequate.

-Watterson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:06 am 
I AM Tactical.

Dreaded Snowmen wrote:
Plisky wrote:

The CH in your post is not the LWRC ambi CH. The LWRC version looks more like a 2 armed BCM CH. They actually had the ambi CH in aftermarket packaging at SHOT. Price was somewhere just over $100 if I recall. While it is cool and all, I think the BCM is more than adequate.

exactly sir, upon some vid hunting i found it. they had it on their m6-ic psd (btw thats gonna be the first SBR purchase) at shot. ....and cue AJ