It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SPR vs. IC upper only
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:10 pm 
Super Ninja Piston Expert

With respect to the upper only, differences between the M6A2 SPR upper and the IC upper. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: SPR vs. IC upper only
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:30 pm 

It's easy to ilustrate with pictures. Biggest difference is shown in these two pics. First one is SPR and second is IC. (Blatantly taken from LWRC products page.)

Attachments:
SPR-upperS.jpg
SPR-upperS.jpg [ 22.22 KiB | Viewed 2650 times ]
IC-upper.jpg
IC-upper.jpg [ 89.82 KiB | Viewed 2650 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:49 pm 
1. Upper rail mounts are different as pictured
2. two postion gas block with top rail section and bayonet lug - on the IC
3. 9" modular rail on the IC - 12" modular rail on the SPR
4. FULL AMBI LOWER WITH AMBI BOLT CATCH, AMBI MAG RELEASE (NOT PICTURED ANYWHERE AT THE MOMENT, the one that will be produced... its going to be proprietary, not the norgon or troy), ambi charging handle, and ambi safety selector. Full Ambi. And not some stupid left side ejection port. that is what the shell deflector is for.
5. IC- FIRST 500 in FDE cerakote only.
6. IC - MOE STOCK and GRIP, SPR - ACS Stock and MIAD Grip
7. First ICs will come standard with the AAC Blackout flash hider and a 14.7 ONLY spiral barrel
8. Both guns are only 5.56.... FOR now (dont read into that too much... for now meaning, someday over the rainbow, you may see some 6.8 stuff... but i dont know)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:53 pm 

thank you, that helps

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:53 pm 
Piston Sergant

AJ do you know when or if you guys will be able to sell SPR or SPR-IC uppers by themselves?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:25 am 
Generalissimo of the Piston Revolution

A.J., just a couple of questions about some other stuff that seems different, based on the Shooting Times article.

1. The new spring setup, that's a difference from the SPR too, yes?

2. What's described in the article as the "new continually venting gas system", and its rerouting of the gas to come out of the hole in the regulator knob. This has intrigued me since I first read it, are there any more details about the changes available?

A.J. wrote:
4. FULL AMBI LOWER WITH AMBI BOLT CATCH, AMBI MAG RELEASE (NOT PICTURED ANYWHERE AT THE MOMENT, the one that will be produced... its going to be proprietary, not the norgon or troy), ambi charging handle, and ambi safety selector. Full Ambi. And not some stupid left side ejection port. that is what the shell deflector is for.
7. First ICs will come standard with the AAC Blackout flash hider and a 14.7 ONLY spiral barrel
8. Both guns are only 5.56.... FOR now (dont read into that too much... for now meaning, someday over the rainbow, you may see some 6.8 stuff... but i dont know)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:33 am 
Super Ninja Piston Warrior. Pow!

That's the A5 2-position. If you are very curious, you can buy one from any dealer who deals with RSR. They bought the first run.
Excess gas in S mode is vented through the small blow off hole (it's not a valve per se, the regulator does the valving.) The really clever bit is that the flat and hole serves to disrupt the gas jet and prevents flashing seen on other venting systems.
So clever, that if you put whiskers on it, you can call it a weasel.

Simon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:07 am 

SimonTan wrote:
That's the A5 2-position. If you are very curious, you can buy one from any dealer who deals with RSR. They bought the first run.
Excess gas in S mode is vented through the small blow off hole (it's not a valve per se, the regulator does the valving.) The really clever bit is that the flat and hole serves to disrupt the gas jet and prevents flashing seen on other venting systems.
So clever, that if you put whiskers on it, you can call it a weasel.

Simon

I am indeed very curious, but I think I'll wait on the IC that I've got a deposit on at NWT, rather than pulling the money I've saved for it and buying something else. :yeah:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:15 am 
shade_1313 wrote:
A.J., just a couple of questions about some other stuff that seems different, based on the Shooting Times article.

1. The new spring setup, that's a difference from the SPR too, yes?

2. What's described in the article as the "new continually venting gas system", and its rerouting of the gas to come out of the hole in the regulator knob. This has intrigued me since I first read it, are there any more details about the changes available?

A.J. wrote:

The Spring is the same as the SPR.

Simon answered the second question.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:23 am 

Thanks, I hadn't known that the spring change came into effect with the SPR.