It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: 300 AAC BLK PSD
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:10 pm 
Piston Private

CPTNordy wrote:
I wonder if the shake up at AAC will change their support for the 300BLK? I will probably go with one of their uppers since LWRC appears to have lost interest in this round.

Shake up?
If you are referring to people leaving / being laid off / fired , that's all the doing of "Freedom Group" to my knowledge.
And I'm pretty sure the explosion of .300BLK is a result of "Freedom Group" also.
I could be wrong.

I hope LWRC hasn't lost interest in the .300BLK.
The PSD video from shot show looked very promising.

I live in Maryland so I'd really like to support LWRC. :yeah:
I'm thinking about the PSD300 and the M6IC but everywhere I go people talk bad about LWRC.
And ever since Paul LW was starting stuff online i've felt weird about the company. :|

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:35 pm 
Generalissimo of the Piston Revolution

I am pretty sure that the top few folks at AAC were replaced last year.

I have no issues with LWRC. I love my REPR and have a deposit on the yet to be released IC.

Plenty of other companies already have released 300BLK uppers and complete weapons. I think LWRC has teased a couple of different 300BLK (one being a piston from memory) but never delivered. This makes me think that LWRC is not interested in it and is concentrating on other productions.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:52 pm 
Super Ninja Piston Warrior. Pow!

I'd keep speculation to a minimum and just wait and see. Manufacturers put their feet in their mouth when they offer dates and prototype info, then catch flak for it. That said, if you want one now, go buy one from another manufacturer and support the industry. There are many quality manufacturers out there.

-Watterson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:28 pm 

I will not get anything for about a year. I PCS in 2-3 months and then will probably have a 9 month wait for a lower to be SBR'd or just get a complete weapon.

I think speculation is fueled by companies showing prototypes. In this case LWRC did show them, but now with all the talk of enlarged 6.8SPC magwells and the IC, they seem to have taken a back seat. Even if a 300BLK is being worked on, when will it be available? The 6.8SPC proprietary mags were shown at SHOT '11 and are not released yet. The M6-IC, which I have a deposit on for an initial run, will have been 5-6 months from tease to shipment...Kind of rubs me wrong to have it on the "products" page but not be able to order it, nor get a good faith estimate for availability.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:58 pm 
Super Ninja Piston Warrior. Pow!

thebob24 wrote:
Sleeper362 wrote:
thebob24 wrote:
300BLK has a way bigger backing.
I'll be getting one from Spike's Tactical depending on what happens with the PSD.
.300Blk doesn't have a .mil contract attached to it so its backing is way smaller. The 6.8 does have .mil types looking to buy into it. Go read the 6.8 thread and you will see.

According to Robert Silvers, AAC and Remington are putting many multiples of production force behind .300BLK than 6.8SPC. I wish I bookmarked the thread where he said the specific numbers but the Freedom Group is promoting / producing .300BLK in numbers that far exceed 6.8SPC.
But at this current time is there an actual military force interested in outfitting their soldiers with a bunch of rifles from LWRCI in .300blk? Darren kind of hinted that that was the case with 6.8 right now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:04 pm 
Piston Private

Sleeper362 wrote:
But at this current time is there an actual military force interested in outfitting their soldiers with a bunch of rifles from LWRCI in .300blk? Darren kind of hinted that that was the case with 6.8 right now.

There could be a small military interest in LWRC's 6.8 but that doesn't mean gears are shifting from .300blk back to 6.8spc. Neither have any military contract at the moment. More production IS going into .300blk than 6.8 however.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:09 pm 
Piston Private

CPTNordy wrote:
I will not get anything for about a year. I PCS in 2-3 months and then will probably have a 9 month wait for a lower to be SBR'd or just get a complete weapon.

I think speculation is fueled by companies showing prototypes. In this case LWRC did show them, but now with all the talk of enlarged 6.8SPC magwells and the IC, they seem to have taken a back seat. Even if a 300BLK is being worked on, when will it be available? The 6.8SPC proprietary mags were shown at SHOT '11 and are not released yet. The M6-IC, which I have a deposit on for an initial run, will have been 5-6 months from tease to shipment...Kind of rubs me wrong to have it on the "products" page but not be able to order it, nor get a good faith estimate for availability.

LWRC is the only company talking about an enlarged magwell for 6.8SPC. And it will use proprietary magazines.

If LWRC is more interested in producing their 6.8 thats all well and good. There are many other companies making .300BLK that I could purchase from.

I'm actually interested in the M6IC in 5.56 not 6.8.
I don't see the interest in 6.8 that there used to be.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:57 pm 

Already got the IC ordered and have a deposit on a SilencerCo Saker for it. I want a 300 BLK for shooting suppressed 100% (stamp for SDN-6 should be back in a few weeks). I will also get a 6.8 if the new mags solve the reliability problem. The 6.8 will be an LWRC, but the 300BLK more than likely will not be unless they can get somehing to market by mid July

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:52 pm 
Piston Private

CPTNordy wrote:
Already got the IC ordered and have a deposit on a SilencerCo Saker for it. I want a 300 BLK for shooting suppressed 100% (stamp for SDN-6 should be back in a few weeks). I will also get a 6.8 if the new mags solve the reliability problem. The 6.8 will be an LWRC, but the 300BLK more than likely will not be unless they can get somehing to market by mid July

Dang. Envy. The Saker looks like a really nice can.
Will your IC be FDE like in the picture or is that the IR blocking coating?
I'm pretty sure there are some companies with magpul FDE matching coatings so I guess I could still get that look if LWRC isn't or stops offering it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:27 pm 

Didn't post for envy, but rather just to make sure everyone understands I am not bashing this company. I love shooting suppressed, so that is why I am so interested in the 300BLK. I also run a 20" REPR with a TBAC 30P-1 can.

I believe the initial run IC's will be FDE, but will NOT have the IR blocking coating. It is going to suck to wait for the Saker, but I guess I can run the SDN-6 on the IC until the Saker is ready for pick-up. I'll probably get a 300BLK at the same time as the Saker, that way the SDN-6 moves to the 300BLK and the Saker goes with the IC.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:54 pm 
Piston Private

CPTNordy wrote:
Didn't post for envy, but rather just to make sure everyone understands I am not bashing this company. I love shooting suppressed, so that is why I am so interested in the 300BLK. I also run a 20" REPR with a TBAC 30P-1 can.

I believe the initial run IC's will be FDE, but will NOT have the IR blocking coating. It is going to suck to wait for the Saker, but I guess I can run the SDN-6 on the IC until the Saker is ready for pick-up. I'll probably get a 300BLK at the same time as the Saker, that way the SDN-6 moves to the 300BLK and the Saker goes with the IC.

Do you know if it is that same light tan FDE? because I saw some pictures and it was a darker brown.
How much is the IC gonna run you and when do expect to get it?

Anyway, I won't have the money till Sept / Oct.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:46 pm 

I ordered the IC from Matt and Marcy at NWT; pricing should be on their web page. I also got my REPR from them.

I really hope something materializes here with LWRC and the 300 BLK, but I will not wait forever. I will be ordering a 300 BLK as soon as I establish residency after my move. The next step will be to start saving for the 6.8 SPC and a dedicated suppressor for it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:05 pm 
Piston Private

CPTNordy wrote:
I ordered the IC from Matt and Marcy at NWT; pricing should be on their web page. I also got my REPR from them.

I really hope something materializes here with LWRC and the 300 BLK, but I will not wait forever. I will be ordering a 300 BLK as soon as I establish residency after my move. The next step will be to start saving for the 6.8 SPC and a dedicated suppressor for it.

The initial run of the IC must be sold out. I don't see it listed on their site.

I also hope LWRC moves forward with the 300BLK. The showing at Shot Show looked great.
Although, I hear they are not very happy with making a DI gun...

I'm not in the market for a .308 but if I was I would have a hard time choosing.
I got to handle a REPR at a gunshow once and I didn't want to put it down. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:39 pm 
Piston Private

Any news on the PSD300?
I'm hoping for this over a Noveske in 300BLK for the ambi lower and shortened buffer.

Please update! :)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:09 am 
Piston Private

Any updates yet?? :?:

I think its been 3 months since shot show... :(

I'd really like to get the 300 PSD! :wave:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next