It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: M6 IC SPR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:06 am 
Piston Private Recruit

OK I was just about to order the M6A2 SPR. Now I see there is a M6 IC SPR. When are they expected to available on the market?

Post subject: Re: M6 IC SPR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:46 am 
Generalissimo of the Piston Revolution

From what I've heard, the M6IC is supposed to hit the market around May/June timeframe. So I would imagine the IC SPR would probably come sometime after that. I don't work here and I'm not a dealer, so I can't really give you an official time frame. You could always just go ahead and pick up a SPR for now. They are still pretty awesome. :mrgreen:

- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto- WWII

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:50 am 
Piston Sergant

One of the only differences that I know of is the ambit lower (which is awesome), but the gas system is the same. With the SPR rail you can't get to the selector bolt so they kept the A2 system and di dnot use the A5. So the differences are not as great as going from say the A2 to the IC.

Ed Brown Special Forces 1911 (on order)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:54 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

I hope some one LWRC will speak up. Are the taking pre-orders and a I would like to know a price?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:54 pm 
Piston Sergant

I know the MSRP for the M6 IC is $2599, so you can extrapolate an approximate from that. Though since it does not have the A5 gas system, I don't know if it would more or less, as it is an SPR.

Ed Brown Special Forces 1911 (on order)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:59 pm 
No Pricing yet fellas. No Preordering at the moment. The two models at Shot Show that do not currently have pricing or availability timeframes at the moment are the IC-SPR and the IC-PSD. Hopefully soon though. Keep ya posted :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:13 pm 
Generalissimo of the Piston Revolution

I can't wait. The IC PSD is definitely in my future.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:45 pm 
Piston Private

CalBear96 wrote:
One of the only differences that I know of is the ambit lower (which is awesome), but the gas system is the same. With the SPR rail you can't get to the selector bolt so they kept the A2 system and di dnot use the A5. So the differences are not as great as going from say the A2 to the IC.

Newbie question I guess, but I have an M6 SPR and I am not familir with what the "selector bolt" is or how the SPR rail interferes with it (or anything for that matter). Is this something new on the M6 IC or did I miss something? I'm confused....sorry if its a stupid question, but maybe the terminology is just unfamiliar. Thanks!

"We all dream of a world of sunshine, happiness, and peace. The problem is while half of the people think it sounds like a wonderful place to live, the other half thinks it sounds like a wonderful place to pillage"--Unk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:01 pm 
Piston Private

perhaps answering my own question, but maybe the "selector bolt" refers to the variable gas system that is available on some models? Guess that would make sense since the SPR rails fit so close to the barrel. You guys are a wealth of information, so clarification would still be appreciated. Thanks again!

"We all dream of a world of sunshine, happiness, and peace. The problem is while half of the people think it sounds like a wonderful place to live, the other half thinks it sounds like a wonderful place to pillage"--Unk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm 
Super Ninja Piston Warrior. Pow!

Sounds like he's referring to the gas selector knob. That'ld be my guess, anyways.

"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6." - Col. Jeff Cooper

"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." - John Stuart Mill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:53 pm 
The Hammer
 WWW  Profile

yes, its adjustable for suppressed and unsuppressed use. Also it was designed to eliminate flash from the piston when suppressed. Yes, its tits.

"The Search Button is your friend.... not me" :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:36 pm 
Piston Private

Thanks for the clarification! Thought I was stuck on stupid for a minute... :fubar:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:45 pm 
Super Ninja Piston Expert

Nomenclature...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:01 am 
The Hammer
 WWW  Profile

Care to quantify that?

"The Search Button is your friend.... not me" :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:10 am 
Super Ninja Piston Expert

Just referring to the prevelant confusion on what to call things. Maybe a stickied "standardized nomenclature" thread would help.