It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New IC, IC SPR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:10 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

What are the differances betwean the spr and the new ic and the new ic spr. Realy like the new upper on the ic. Looking for my first lwrc.

Post subject: Re: New IC, IC SPR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:39 pm 
Generalissimo of the Piston Revolution

Most of the information is on the actual product pages.

IC can be chambered in 6.8 SPC and has ambi controls.
SPR has a different rail, chambered in 5.56mm and a couple other differences such as barrel length options and the grip.
I don't know much about the IC SPR, though.

LWRC rifles are great and I doubt you'll be disappointed with your choice depending on which you get.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:42 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

I dont care about ambi controles, like the new upper and hand guard and gas adjust dam nice rifle (nicest) rifle i have seen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:26 pm 

Ambi controls don't affect most people, unless you plan on getting into tactical shooting.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:35 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

Shot the sheit out of the m16 A1 in the USMC 1980 s. I am sure Id get use to them, nice to be able to drop mag or bolt on eather side, less parts with out though,

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:10 pm 

dogdog wrote:
Shot the sheit out of the m16 A1 in the USMC 1980 s. I am sure Id get use to them, nice to be able to drop mag or bolt on eather side, less parts with out though,

True. I'm a right side dom., but they make us practice weak side drills now. Ambi controls would be nice... Too bad we have a bunch of :asshat: 's running things and we're stuck with mediocre. The guys attached to the STS I work with all shoot LWRC M6A2's in 6.8 SPC.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:46 pm 
Super Ninja Piston Expert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9lLRcwpm90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:58 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

I too am looking at buying an SPR. I do have a couple questions to add to this thread i that's ok. I did see the video but my questions are listed below. Any answer by a moderator or insight from a member is greatly appreciated.

1. Is the commercial IC SPR still a 16.1" mid-length upper as opposed to the 14.7" IC with permanent flash hider?

2. Does the commercial IC SPR have an adjustable gas piston for suppressed as well?

3. If it has the adjustable piston and is still 16.1" does it still come with the spiral fluted barrel?

I love the look, feel and functionality of the SPR and was hoping to see it released with the adjustable gas block but I prefer the 16.1" upper as opposed to 14.7. Also love the spiral fluting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:47 pm 
Super Ninja Piston Warrior. Pow!

The only thing that I would love to be ambi is the bolt release. Their already is mag release and safety lever parts that fit on existing lowers so the ambi bolt release is the only thing I really would need. I don't like the bad lever so I guess I will just have to rough it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:16 pm 

Sleeper362 wrote:
The only thing that I would love to be ambi is the bolt release. Their already is mag release and safety lever parts that fit on existing lowers so the ambi bolt release is the only thing I really would need. I don't like the bad lever so I guess I will just have to rough it.

What's wrong with the BAD lever?

I'm pretty resourceful... If you have an idea for something else let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:31 am 

Rich wrote:
Sleeper362 wrote:

What's wrong with the BAD lever?

I'm pretty resourceful... If you have an idea for something else let me know.
Honestly I don't care for things in my trigger well besides fingers and triggers. I am kind of particular and weird about my manual of arms. I have used one and it was pretty effective, I just didn't care for its position.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:39 am 

I agree with you about the BAD lever to an extent. It is a compromise. I do use one however, but prefer the ambi bolt catch on the REPR lower (which looks a lot like the setup on the IC).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:51 am 

I switched out my ambi catch on my REPR and made it a right sided weapon with a Phase 5 Tactical BAD lever thing. Works like a charm.

You are the Resistance.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:13 am 

Oh that was you who posted that write up. As I was gearing up to buy my REPR I thought about doing that, but after I actually got it and messed with it, I found I really liked the ambi controls. What made you want to run a BAD lever on a REPR? Commonality with the rest of your guns?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:22 am 

Couldn't reach the right side bolt catch with my trigger finger without letting up grip on the pistol grip, I didn't like that, plus I was so familiar with and used to the BAD lever already on my M6A2.

You are the Resistance.