It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need M6 low profile piston gas block.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 am 
Piston Private Recruit

I bought an M6 and didnt realize that i might want to use a scope. Mounting a scope on my rifle with the A-frame is iffy. Im worried about the A-frame getting in the way of my future 3-9x40mm leupold scope. Im looking for a Low profile gas block for the stock M6 but fail to find it on the LWRC's website. This is frustraiting. Where can i get one and how much do they run for? plz help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:35 am 
Super Ninja Piston Warrior. Pow!

You won't see the FSB through the scope. Over 3x not an issue. If you're set on a low pro block you send it in pay the $ and have it changed.

-Watterson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:16 am 

I run a TA11 ACOG 3.5X on an A1 and don't even see the front sight through the optic. If it bugs you places like ADCO can chop the front sight. LWRC has a custom shop, call the factory and see what they can do for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:53 pm 

I run a Leupy 3-9x36mm Mark IV on my Bushy carbine with a FSB and it certainly is not an issue. As said before, you'll never even see it. The only problem you may have is if you want to put a 4" sun shade on the front end, but the field of view won't be effected.

"It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6." - ?

"Gentelmen, we just siezed an airfield. That was pretty f@#$ing NINJA" - Brad "Iceman" Colbert - Generation Kill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:11 pm 

Short answer: It won't bug you.
Long answer: You may have picked up the wrong rifle for your purposes - if that bugs you. Call up LWRCI and see what they'll do to modify it for you. Though if you haven't shot it yet, might want to sell it, and pick a new model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:28 pm 
Generalissimo of the Piston Revolution
 WWW  Profile

I have an M6A2 16" 5.56mm barrel I was going to have shortened. It is CHF with the older style low profile gas block. I bought it here. I would consider trading barrels and a GG&G A2 flip up rear sight for the rear fixed that came with the M6, what barrel length and type is it?

Herk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:21 am 
Piston Private Recruit

Herkengineer wrote:
I have an M6A2 16" 5.56mm barrel I was going to have shortened. It is CHF with the older style low profile gas block. I bought it here. I would consider trading barrels and a GG&G A2 flip up rear sight for the rear fixed that came with the M6, what barrel length and type is it?

Herk

Its just a stock M6. Anyways thanks for the input guys. Now i think im okay with the A-frame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:47 am 
Piston Sergant

Can someone from LWRC pipe up and list the price and install price for a low-pro gas block? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:05 am 

Call them for pricing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:46 pm 
Piston Sergant

Larue sells a rail section that raises your rings 5/8". I use it with my Luepold 3-9x40 on my 16" A1 and the FSB is lost in the FOV. The rail is $125 vs whatever LWRC will charge you to swap out the gas block.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:30 pm 
Piston CPL

Scotty G wrote:
Can someone from LWRC pipe up and list the price and install price for a low-pro gas block? Thanks.

:?

StephenPSD wrote:
Just an FYI:

If you post an open ended question for which you expect a response from a member of the LWRCi staff you are likely to be dissappointed. This forum is not a customer service outlet for LWRCi and they do not have personnel dedicated to surfing this website or any other website answering questions about pricing, technical issues, or general customer service. It is a blog site and discussion forum for LWRC customers and potential customers. Period.

From time to time a member of the LWRCi staff may answer questions or post new product info. Again, that should not be considered the norm. They are in the business of making and selling weapons and not hosting a full time discussion forum.

If you need an immediate response to a question please contact a member of the LWRC staff via phone.

Customer Service Department
LWRC International, LLC
815 Chesapeake Drive
Cambridge, MD. 21613
Phone: 410-901-1348
Fax: 410-228-1775

-Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:05 am 
Piston Sergant

Oh my gosh, Mr. Victory... I'm SOOO very sorry I missed that post! My bad.