REPR Issues

Forum for the 7.62 R.E.P.R. series.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

REPR Issues

Postby kamslm » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Hello All. I recently took delivery of my REPR 20". Was looking forward to shooting her, and in fact got a sub-MOA set off at 150 yds before even sighting in my Nightforce. But, here's where the fun ended. I tried to function test with the supplied C-products mag. The REPR just can't be manually cycled. The bolt would not fully close when a shell was chambered. Using the integrated forward assist, snap-caps, and a variety of ammo (including ammo recommended by LWRC), I was still unable to prevent jams and get a round to fully chamber manually by racking the bolt handle, then releasing the BCG to chamber a round. I think the bolt extractor isn't grabbing the case rim, causing a double feed upon cycling or a stuck case in the chamber. I am using the supplied C-products mag, but the same happens with recommended DPMS mags, so I couldn't necessarily blame the mag.

So, then, my dealer switched out the upper and the BCG jammed with a live round chambered while trying to manually cycle the action again. It took a few taps with a rubber mallet to unjam the BCG. I had the dealer do it because it was stuck with a live round chambered!

The, we went out and shot 20 rounds through her with no apparent problem. I have yet to try and re-create the problem, but will do so in the future. If it continues the dealer promised to give me my money back. I was told to shoot 100 rounds through her and see if it continues...that perhaps the extractor and spring are too tight. But, I can't believe a $4K rifle is doing this.

I was hoping that LWRC or someone from the forum can tell me what is happening and how to prevent this. For a long-range accuracy weapon that is not bolt-action, the REPR is one hell of a rifle. But, if it cannot reliably cycle and chamber I'm afraid it's back to the drawing boards for this one!

There is stuff on snipershide.com about this, too. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthr ... er=1596018

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
kamslm
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby darksoldier300 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:18 pm

their was a thread saying to wipe of the factory lube relube cycle the bolt several times wipe down agin i think i had something to do with the factory lube not 100% sure thou im sure others will chime in
darksoldier300
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby mhf115 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:21 pm

Just what they said on the other forum - if you are shooting in cold weather with the factory lube, it gets very sticky, but I don't know if that's what your issue would be... doesn't sound like it, but worth a try.
mhf115
Rank 5 Captain ★★★★★

Postby rcrandall » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:45 pm

If you have issues with your rifle and want customer service from LWRC then call or e-mail them. This forum is not customer service.
Write drunk; edit sober - Ernest Hemingway
rcrandall

Postby kamslm » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. RCrandall I realize this is not a cutomer service board and I was not asking for that. But, as long as you bring it up, customer service has been completely unhelpful with the problem. I think this is the appropriate forum to bring up problems and not just tout the REPR as the next coming of mega-guns. It's a heck of a weapon, but the problems have to be resolved. I think forum members deserve to know that before they spend $4K on a gun. That was the intent of my post.
kamslm
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby K_4c » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:11 pm

I appreciate the write up... I've got my name in on a 20 and if it shits the bed on me.... I'm going to be a little pissed. This gun should run circles around all other 7.62 gas guns and I hope it does or I'm back to bolt guns.
K_4c
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby rcrandall » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:22 am

VP Darren Mellors has already said he will shut this forum down if certain things continue. One of them is people trying to get customer service through this forum. I had some issues with my REPR and contacted LWRC by phone, spoke with a tech guy, and had it on the way back to the factory the next day. I had the rifle back in another week and half. They have good customer service. If you want advice from members here that is great. If you want customer service call them.

It's possible it could be a lube issue and it's a quick, easy fix if that is the issue. It could be an extractor issue, a mag issue, who knows. Diagnosing these things over the internet can be challenging and often doesn't work. If you wipe the weapon dry, relubricate the bolt carrier assembly with Slip2000 EWL, clean the chamber and bore, and still have issues then call LWRC. My REPR works great now so don't be discouraged.
Write drunk; edit sober - Ernest Hemingway
rcrandall

Postby TenaciousD » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:59 am

Call us, we can fix it.
TenaciousD
Yes, I work here.

Postby R0CKETMAN » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:18 pm

rcrandall wrote:If you have issues with your rifle and want customer service from LWRC then call or e-mail them. This forum is not customer service.

I don't get it. The OP was asking for help with his LWRC. This is the LWRC forum. My new 18" REPR will be in my hands by the end of the week.

This forum is the first place I am going in order to ask questions about my second LWRC in the last year.

Thanks for the heads up on the lube. I'll strip/clean/lube prior to breaking in.
"Bones Heal, Chicks Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"
R0CKETMAN
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby 66427vette » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:37 pm

Your local dealers are charging 4000 for a 20 in reper ?
66427vette
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby 1 sig fan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:41 pm

not 4k, but in CA at least by the time you pay nearly 10% tax, dros etc... it's over $3800.....
1 sig fan
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby 66427vette » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Wow!!
66427vette
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby SimonTan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:12 am

kamslm....please contact customer support.

Simon
Technik mit Eleganz
SimonTan
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Re: REPR Issues

Postby kamslm » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:05 am

Thanks Simon. Was out of country for awhile and just got back recently. Saw replies to my issue. I will call customer support as it seems after reading the latest forum comments that this problem is identified and customer service is fixing.
Job 4:8 baby!!
kamslm
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Re: REPR Issues

Postby Djqx1 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:42 pm

Hmmm, i have a m6a2 spr on order. I was thinking of upgrading to the repr. Does anyone still have any issues with this rifle? I was reading that there are issues with the mags. Did lwrc fix the problems with the repr?
Djqx1

Next

Return to R.E.P.R. (Rapid Engagement Precision Rifle)