It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:35 pm 
Piston Private

darren wrote:
That is the camo. Again, I will try and take some pics. Knesek can mod your order.

If the pictures look good I'm in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:48 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

darren wrote:
That is the camo. Again, I will try and take some pics. Knesek can mod your order.

nice. and is it to be done on all alum parts? (so not stock or grip, those would be same color as offered in the MRE model - tan?) but the upper/lower and rails done in anodized digital camo?

sorry for my sad photoshop skills. just trying to understand what what would be camo'd, the BUIS too?

(base pic-credit, caporider on this forum)

thanks,

Fernando

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:43 pm 
Piston Private

hak wrote:
darren wrote:

nice. and is it to be done on all alum parts? (so not stock or grip, those would be same color as offered in the MRE model - tan?) but the upper/lower and rails done in anodized digital camo?

sorry for my sad photoshop skills. just trying to understand what what would be camo'd, the BUIS too?

(base pic-credit, caporider on this forum)

thanks,

Fernando

Don't take this personally but if it comes out looking like that I want F*%KALL to do with it !!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:45 pm 
Piston Private

darren wrote:
Dudes, the MRE SABR's look like they will break out in December. We are finally happy with the color match from a new vendor. In addition we will do a limited run in the Army Pattern camo for those interested. The camo is digitally applied into the diffusion layer of the aluminum oxide. So like any anodized color, it is not painted, or a film application. It is part of the metal. I am doing the digital guns for SHOT SHOW and will do some extra if people are interested.

We spoke to Crye about multicam, but the royalty for using it amounts to A LOT of money. Three color desert also looks good.

It is very difficult to photograph anything but black anodizing as once again, the anodizing dye is transparent. So when you take a pic of an upper on a lower, the flat bits on the lower reflect light different than the round bits on the upper. The color really matches quite nicely.

The new MRE color is quite nice. We are looking for lot consistency so we can use an upper done a week ago with a lower done today.

Any danger of this actually coming to fruition ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:15 am 
Super Ninja Piston Expert

I would just guncoat it. Check out the galleries at guncoat.com. Here is one shot to give you an idea of what they can do. Any part, even pmags.

http://www.guncoat.com

Here is some ACU-POF ?? done on a full rifle:
http://www.guncoat.com/phpgraphy/index.php?display=Rifles%2FACUPOF%2FACU-POF%20087.jpg

I love this snakeskin stuff:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:58 pm 
Generalissimo of the Piston Revolution

darren wrote:
I am not pushing the camo. I am saying there is an opportunity to get a camo gun now. They will be here the same time as the MRE (December). Since I did not get much feedback, I assume this will not be as popular as I thought. I am going to get a few extra done anyway. One for me!

Very interested on the camo, what will the stock & grip look like and what sizes do you think you'll make? Any chances of making a 20" with an addtional 12" barrel? Should we order directly from customer service or through a local dealer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:31 pm 

Call Wade at Knesek guns!!! They have the best customer service so far that I dealt with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:45 pm 

MRE shipped yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:35 pm 
Sanctity protector of the board
 WWW  Profile

Any day now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 pm 

Thanks Darren!!! I should have my two sets of REPRs before XMAS....Finally!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:23 pm 

AR-Newbie wrote:
darren wrote:
I am not pushing the camo. I am saying there is an opportunity to get a camo gun now. They will be here the same time as the MRE (December). Since I did not get much feedback, I assume this will not be as popular as I thought. I am going to get a few extra done anyway. One for me!

Very interested on the camo, what will the stock & grip look like and what sizes do you think you'll make? Any chances of making a 20" with an addtional 12" barrel? Should we order directly from customer service or through a local dealer?

I found some pics that I think might help you out. It appears to be a LWRC for sale that was done in a camo color for the last SHOT show. It's for sale in GB right now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =149942021

Here are pics of it - Darren, is this your work?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:28 pm 

I would also like to add that having a limited edition version in camo may add value to the rifle over time. So if you use it and beat it up, that won't be the case, but if you wanted to store it and keep it nice and shiny and LWRC put out these few Darren is talking about as Limited Editions, that could really take off.

Just some thoughts there. For the original person wanting the paint job, and for LWRCi to think about maybe starting to do some limited edition runs based on colors of the M6A3's and such ?? Darren ?? If I could get a Limited Edition package (case, rifle in multicam, some mounts for optics, M6A3 18" DMR etc...) ??

I'm a sucker for that, maybe that's just me, but I know I've picked up limited editions of Noveskes a few times when it's a nice package deal like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:13 pm 
Piston Private

They have started shipping, right??????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:18 pm 
Sanctity protector of the board
 WWW  Profile

Those were some experimental dipped film appliques. We were not entirely happy with it and abandoned it. We sold off some of them. I think there were only 2 done.

The Camo is part of the anodizing. It comes in tomorrow. As soon as we build a gun, Jarred will take a picture of it and post it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:17 am 

I heard from a source from LWRC the MREs will be shipping at the end of Dec. or Jan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next