It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CA Legal REPR?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:15 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

Was looking into getting a REPR and noticed it had ambidextrous release/catch, and was wondering if LWRC had plans to send these to CA without using a "regular" M6 lower. Most of the AR style rifles in CA use a bullet button, which is what I currently have on my own M6A2, but I don't know if this same device would work on the REPR since it is ambidextrous. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:51 am 
Piston Sergant

The ambi bolt release and magazine release are two different thing.

As for "regular" M6 lower. It's a REPR so it has a REPR lower for the 7.62x51. The REPR is totally new so it's an "off-list" rifle.

I asked Joe when the SABR was mentioned and he said they used the same size magazine release for the SABR so unless things have changed then the REPR should be the same size. So the bullet button would fit.

Also SGC offers the "california package" so when they get the REPR then I'm pretty sure they would offer that option for the REPR since the magazine release is the same unless things were changed from the SABR to the REPR.

You should go back to calguns and look at their chart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:54 am 
Piston Private Recruit

Ok, thanks for the info. I have a few questions though...

What is SGC?

What is the chart at calguns I should be looking at, does it explain something specific to the REPR in terms of Ambi mag release?

Pretty new to the AR scene, so I don't know too many of the websites, and sorry for all the questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:40 am 
Super Ninja Piston Warrior. Pow!

Scottsdale Gun Club (sgcusa.com), a major LWRCI dealer where they happen to be showing the REPR this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:23 am 
Piston Sergant

JeJames wrote:
Ok, thanks for the info. I have a few questions though...

What is SGC?

What is the chart at calguns I should be looking at, does it explain something specific to the REPR in terms of Ambi mag release?

Pretty new to the AR scene, so I don't know too many of the websites, and sorry for all the questions.

calguns.net basically is a forum that has lots of information on california weapons etc......, it mostly tailor to ARa one of the forum member created the bullet button.

I was refering you to that site due to your regular M6 lower questions not your abmi mag release question. But I'm sure someone there can answer that question as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:10 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

Great, thanks for all the help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:54 am 
Piston CPL

CA REPR

w/ detatchable mag, Fixed Stock, No Pistol Grip ( Can do MonsterMan or a Kydex Wrap Around, SolarTactical.com ), no Flash Suppressor, No VFG

w/o Detachable mag, Bullet Button, Any Accessiories you want, 10 round mag only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:21 pm 
Piston Private
 WWW  Profile

I've got a REPR on order. I designed the U-15 stock and B-16 bullet button for California AR's. I'm going to mill some kind of bullet button for my REPR. It shouldn't be too hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:09 pm 
Piston Private
 WWW  Profile

Update: I called LWRC and the REPR is not going to come with an ambi mag release. I'm pretty sure a normal bullet button will work fine. The REPR does have an ambi slide lock/release, but that doesn't matter in CA.