It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: did colt buy lwrci
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:39 pm 
Generalissimo of the Piston Revolution

tvfreakarms wrote:
Did colt buy lwrci?

yes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:11 pm 
Piston CPL

TENMMIKE wrote:
tvfreakarms wrote:
Did colt buy lwrci?

yes

And your source is???

Post subject: Re: Colt is buying LWRC for $60 million
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:38 pm 
Piston Private

I got it from M.A.C aka military arms channel guy from YouTube & Facebook.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:58 pm 
Piston CPL

I think there's a lot of guys running around confirming things to each other when in reality they all read the same original article that sites unnamed sources.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:21 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

echo419 wrote:
I think there's a lot of guys running around confirming things to each other when in reality they all read the same original article that sites unnamed sources.

^ This.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:29 pm 

TENMMIKE wrote:
tvfreakarms wrote:
Did colt buy lwrci?

yes

TENMMIKE,
Please elaborate on where you got this information and links. At this time nothing has been officially announced.

Where in the hell is Easy Street!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:36 pm 
Piston Private

I like LWRC rifles quite a bit but though I am not a huge fanboy either.
Not a fan of Colt. but not anti Colt either. Colt's QC is clearly better than average.

are they a boutique rifle like the M6's? No.
But I dont think thats a big deal.
Colt hasnt had any innovation out for , well ever and the infusion of LWRC would give them what they need.

The hard working engineers at LWRC will probaly make out well under such a scheme.

customers may benefit from a bigger support system and distro system.

is there a possibility the brand could be diluted while being sold for the same price?
absolutely, but we should to sit back and see what actually happens before rushing to judgement.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:27 am 
Super Ninja Piston Warrior. Pow!

echo419 wrote:
TENMMIKE wrote:
tvfreakarms wrote:
Did colt buy lwrci?

yes

And your source is???

I think it can be extrapolated from the fact that Darren didn't delete this thread nor did he deny the rumors or speculation in this thread. He did delete a few derogatory posts and banned some dude for being rude. So he is well aware of this thread and seems to be moderating it for content. In the past when this topic was brought up the threads were quickly deleted and some people thought it was the mods when it was probably the big man himself. It seems like the cat is out of the bag so until things are finalized we will just have to wait for the official word. I am starting to wonder if this will be more of a partnership than an out right sale...

Rand Paul-2016!
"We need to unite around, the Constitution & Bill of Rights, NOT around political parties."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:46 am 
Sanctity protector of the board
 WWW  Profile

Maybe I am silent because I signed several NDA's with several companies over the past year?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:51 am 
Super Ninja Piston Expert
 YIM  Profile

Why don't we all just chill out and relax about this whole thing until Darren or someone else CAN actually give us more when the time is right. We won't be left in the dark so let's just focus on trusting the leadership in the company to do the right thing and continue to make this forum as productive as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:09 am 
Piston Private Recruit

Announcement wrote:
Maybe I am silent because I signed several NDA's with several companies over the past year?

Indeed...

FWIW, $60 million could even be a patent licensing agreement for Colt to start using LWRC's portfolio. :idea:

Having never heard of F&D Defense until now, I'm surprised they aren't located in east Texas...

I'm but a few days away from pulling the trigger on an IC-E from MO, already ordered an Elcan to sit atop... I think everyone's biggest concern, which is also mine, is that rifles, parts and service do not get interrupted or altered!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:11 pm 
I AM Tactical.

The F&D thing just seams like a coincidental nuisance suit and I would be pretty shocked if it played even the slightest roll in any dealings between two companies like LWRCI and Colt.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:31 pm 
Piston CPL

Quote:
FWIW, $60 million could even be a patent licensing agreement for Colt to start using LWRC's portfolio. :idea:

Good point, I could probably support that. Would certainly help put the IC in the spotlight. That could also explain what I consider to be a low price tag ($60 million) to buy LWRC outright. I can see just the license for IC being worth that though.

-George Washington

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:39 pm 
Piston Private Recruit

.Spooky. wrote:
Quote:

Good point, I could probably support that. Would certainly help put the IC in the spotlight. That could also explain what I consider to be a low price tag ($60 million) to buy LWRC outright. I can see just the license for IC being worth that though.

That's why I was thinking that in the math that folks have presented/discussed... In my primary industry, patents and licensing are a major process/headache for manufacturers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:06 pm 
Generalissimo of the Piston Revolution

So sell the rights to colt and then let their lawyers deal with F&D? Not a bad idea. Isn't the F&D thing old news anyway?

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next