TALO CSASS

Forum for the REPR MKII (new for 2017)

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred, Announcement

TALO CSASS

Postby sargeny1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi All...Have been saving my pennies and am just about ready to acquire the Talo CSASS Sniper Grey...OK...who has one..??
How do you like it..??? What level of accuracy are you getting..??? What loads..??? I want to use it for hunting....deer...hogs...etc...have y'all shot it with hunting ammo or your favorite hunting loads..???
I have been using a LWRC 6.8 spc 12" upper on my SBR with my surefire socom rc 2 suppressor for the last two seasons and it is dead nuts accurate and deadly on these somewhat small bodied texas white tails and drops 200lb hogs in their tracks with
Barnes 95gr TTSX and REL 10x....
Thanks to all...!!
Pete
sargeny1
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Re: TALO CSASS

Postby Ryan730 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:46 am

I do not have a CSASS, but have just received my new REPR MKII 4 days ago. The REPR has fired 450 rounds already through the weekend. The rifle has exceeded my expectations in every way. I was most impressed by the weight and balance of the rifle. It feels "right" when you carry it and fire it. Fit and finish is flawless as you would expect.

Accuracy from the rifle has been sub-Moa when I do my part. Most of the rounds are hand loads using 168 grain Sierra match bullets and BL-C(2) powder. The rounds are high quality reloads, though not yet tailored to the REPR. 5 shot groups at 100 yards are consistently 3/4" - 1/2". A 7 shot group at 200 yards measured 1-3/4". Shooting at steel gongs at 100-300 yard ranges was the most fun, and to me was the most impressive. The point ability of the rifle, low recoil, and ability to reaquire the targets quickly really shined.

You will enjoy a CSASS for hunting asked upon my initial impressions of the REPR MKII. The CSASS will be lighter yet (mine has a 20" barrel), and should be a fine handling and shooting rifle for hunting.
Ryan730
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby sargeny1 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:55 pm

HEY RYAN730...!!!! Thanks for your reply and the info.....it sure confirms what I have suspected for a while now re: LWRCI....yeah, they build nice stuff....NICE shootin' by the way..!!! your REPR MKll is essentially the same as the CSASS....sure takes a LOT of pennies to get one..!!! OH WELL....SIGH...ya cant take it $$$$$ with ya...if not now...when..?????? gonna place the order tomorrow.....
THANKS for your help and enjoy that REPR MKll...!!!
Pete
sargeny1
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby Ryan730 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:13 pm

IMG_3337.JPG
Picture of the REPR
IMG_3337.JPG (891.83 KiB) Viewed 760 times
IMG_3329.JPG
Another Picture of the REPR
IMG_3329.JPG (2.25 MiB) Viewed 760 times
Ryan730
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby LoganBetterton » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:54 am

Ryan730 wrote:I do not have a CSASS, but have just received my new REPR MKII 4 days ago. The REPR has fired 450 rounds already through the weekend. The rifle has exceeded my expectations in every way. I was most impressed by the weight and balance of the rifle. It feels "right" when you carry it and fire it. Fit and finish is flawless as you would expect.

Accuracy from the rifle has been sub-Moa when I do my part. Most of the rounds are hand loads using 168 grain Sierra match bullets and BL-C(2) powder. The rounds are high quality reloads, though not yet tailored to the REPR. 5 shot groups at 100 yards are consistently 3/4" - 1/2". A 7 shot group at 200 yards measured 1-3/4". Shooting at steel gongs at 100-300 yard ranges was the most fun, and to me was the most impressive. The point ability of the rifle, low recoil, and ability to reaquire the targets quickly really shined.

You will enjoy a CSASS for hunting asked upon my initial impressions of the REPR MKII. The CSASS will be lighter yet (mine has a 20" barrel), and should be a fine handling and shooting rifle for hunting.

8)
Glad to hear! This pretty much sums up the improvements. It doesn't get much better for a semi-auto AR-10 in 7.62/.308. Lighter, tighter, and very consistent. Post up some more pics!
-LWRCi Logan
Email me here: LBetterton@LWRCI.com

LoganBetterton

Return to R.E.P.R. MKII / C.S.A.S.S.