Barrel Break-In?

Forum for the REPR MKII (new for 2017)

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred, Announcement

Barrel Break-In?

Postby Fatum1965 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:31 pm

New to the forum and new to LWRC ownership. Starting on my dream build working from a new LWRC CSASS. My question is about barrel break-in. I have a pretty intense recipe from some CPEC buddies which requires 50 rounds and 3+ hours of hard scrubbing that I've used in the past with great results. From my understanding LWRC uses in house barrels. Before possibly doing any damage, I was hoping to get some feedback on any procedures any of you may have used. Also hoping LWRC may have some suggestions. Recently received my MedSep after 10 years of service and this is my dream build so perfection is my goal. Open to any suggestions, thank you
Fatum1965
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Re: Barrel Break-In?

Postby LoganBetterton » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:11 am

Fatum1965 wrote:New to the forum and new to LWRC ownership. Starting on my dream build working from a new LWRC CSASS. My question is about barrel break-in. I have a pretty intense recipe from some CPEC buddies which requires 50 rounds and 3+ hours of hard scrubbing that I've used in the past with great results. From my understanding LWRC uses in house barrels. Before possibly doing any damage, I was hoping to get some feedback on any procedures any of you may have used. Also hoping LWRC may have some suggestions. Recently received my MedSep after 10 years of service and this is my dream build so perfection is my goal. Open to any suggestions, thank you

There is no recommended barrel break-in process from the factory. Though it does not hurt to follow a standard break-in procedure. Keep in mind we test fire each rifle from the factory and then clean them shortly after.
-LWRCi Logan
Email me here: LBetterton@LWRCI.com

LoganBetterton

Return to R.E.P.R. MKII / C.S.A.S.S.