NEW RELEASE: The CSASS and REPR MKII

Forum for the REPR MKII (new for 2017)

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred, Announcement

Re: NEW RELEASE: The CSASS and REPR MKII

Postby tomahawk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:11 pm

Nice engineering trick to make a Cali compliment LWRC, but what a PITA to have to use that type of AR in that stupid state. Glad I don't live there.
"Justice is the one thing you should always find, you gotta saddle up your boys, you gotta draw a hard line." (T. Keith)
tomahawk
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:43 pm

Thanks for the videos,TBK! Keep them coming if you find more.
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

Postby The Big Kahuna » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:05 am

You are more than welcome Stone! Below is another video that just hit youtube. Shows the DI 300 Blk. Shows a 16" barrel. Couldn't hear what the LWRC rep said at the end about price point and availability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8fU11WZY3Y

Haven't seen or heard a word about whether the SMG 45 is at the show.

TBK
The Big Kahuna
Rank 3 Chief ★★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:20 am

STONEYARDER

Postby REPRSniper » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:28 am

You guys are killing me. So now I have to preorder. Must figure out configuration.

Now I know there was talk on here but is there any confirmation of a side charging model coming out or is that just rumor?
14.7" REPR
CSASS in the making. :)
REPRSniper
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby The Big Kahuna » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:48 pm

REPRSniper - haven't heard anything about two options for the charging handle other than what has been mentioned in this post. Would be great if Logan could weigh in on this issue. I do have a hard time believing that LWRC would offer two types of charging approaches on the same platform. If they did, it would seem to be an industry first where two radically different approaches were offered. Some manufacturers have offered ambi side charging handles, but that isn't the same because no internal components are changing, just the external charging knob/handle. I guess what I am saying is I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. Just my opinion.
TBK
The Big Kahuna
Rank 3 Chief ★★★

Postby REPRSniper » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Ya i do suppose. I was curious as to why they drop the side charger in favor of the rear charging. Possibly due to ambi for rear charging. As mentioned before it was due to that side charging rifle that drew me in. The only other that offered it at the time was JP enterprises and they had there's equipped for both.

Either way i will be trying to figure out what i want out of this one. Thanks LWRC!
14.7" REPR
CSASS in the making. :)
REPRSniper
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby wildman536 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:49 pm

skimmed most of these posts sorry if it has been posted, the repr will be released in march correct? (how would one preorder?)
wildman536
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby STONEYARDER » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:05 pm

williwaw wrote:
The REPR will soon become the REPR MK II. At first it will only be available as a top-charger (essentially the CSASS rifle) but some time in the third or fourth quarter of 2017 a side-charging model will also come out.
STONEYARDER

Postby DEFILER1911 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:51 am

REPRSniper wrote:Ya i do suppose. I was curious as to why they drop the side charger in favor of the rear charging. Possibly due to ambi for rear charging. As mentioned before it was due to that side charging rifle that drew me in. The only other that offered it at the time was JP enterprises and they had there's equipped for both.

Either way i will be trying to figure out what i want out of this one. Thanks LWRC!

I think the move to standard charging handle was the result of the government requirements on the CSASS program. I actually prefer the standard charging configuration.
DEFILER1911
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby BlackWorksInc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:48 am

DEFILER1911 wrote:
REPRSniper wrote:Ya i do suppose. I was curious as to why they drop the side charger in favor of the rear charging. Possibly due to ambi for rear charging. As mentioned before it was due to that side charging rifle that drew me in. The only other that offered it at the time was JP enterprises and they had there's equipped for both.

I think the move to standard charging handle was the result of the government requirements on the CSASS program. I actually prefer the standard charging configuration.

I haven't been a big fan of the AR style charging handle, mostly because of the flimsy feel to it and the separate forward assist. The side-charging handle on the REPR is actually one of the reasons I purchased that rifle vs. building something like a FAL or another competitor's AR10/SR25 derivative.

The CSASS program dictated the change to the standard AR style charging handle, but I do hope that the side mounted charging handle is offered later down the line.

I'm still wondering about the parts commonality and whether or not the foregrip will be interchangeable with the MK1's. I would like that M-LOK feature, but I'm not going to buy a new rifle just for it (particularly if there's no side-charging handle).
BlackWorksInc
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby BlackWorksInc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:49 am

BlackWorksInc wrote:
DEFILER1911 wrote:

I haven't been a big fan of the AR style charging handle, mostly because of the flimsy feel to it and the separate forward assist. The side-charging handle on the REPR is actually one of the reasons I purchased that rifle vs. building something like a FAL or another competitor's AR10/SR25 derivative. It's smooth, solid feeling and the forward assist is intuitive and natural feeling, the non-reciprocating nature is a bonus; though I can understand for left-handed shooters it's a pain.

The CSASS program dictated the change to the standard AR style charging handle, but I do hope that the side mounted charging handle is offered later down the line.

I'm still wondering about the parts commonality and whether or not the foregrip will be interchangeable with the MK1's. I would like that M-LOK feature, but I'm not going to buy a new rifle just for it (particularly if there's no side-charging handle).
BlackWorksInc
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby LoganBetterton » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:21 am

BlackWorksInc wrote:
DEFILER1911 wrote:

I haven't been a big fan of the AR style charging handle, mostly because of the flimsy feel to it and the separate forward assist. The side-charging handle on the REPR is actually one of the reasons I purchased that rifle vs. building something like a FAL or another competitor's AR10/SR25 derivative.

We plan to offer the side charger in the future. :)
-LWRC Logan
Email me here: LBetterton@LWRCI.com

LoganBetterton

Postby BlackWorksInc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:04 pm

LoganBetterton wrote:
We plan to offer the side charger in the future. :)

Cool! Any word on whether or not the front foreguard will be interchangeable with the Mk1? It'd be nice to have M-LOK without having to buy any entire new rifle.
BlackWorksInc
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Previous

Return to R.E.P.R. MKII / C.S.A.S.S.