Suppressing LWRC Xiphos (PDW)

Forum for discussing supressors.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred, Announcement

Re: Suppressing LWRC Xiphos (PDW)

Postby Monky » Sun May 22, 2016 5:45 pm

chironex wrote:Hi, I've been interested in suppressing a PDW for a while and I've been following this thread. What sort of modifications need to made to get a PDW to run smoothly suppressed? Thanks!

Zero issues running my pdw suppressed. Ran all factory loads.. 55g, 62g, 75 (just to see) and didn't have one hiccup. I've run it suppressed and non... Back and forth and I've yet to have any issues.

Using an AAC 762sdn on it with the brakeout muzzle... It's hearing safe and @ 50 yds dead on... Didn't have the time to stretch her out further, it was 33 and raining and my gloves were soaked.. Needless to say the 12 screws in my hand didn't like the cold and wet but the rifle was fine. Image
Monky
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby James4798 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:57 am

So far no updates, very unhappy with surefire at this point, the gun store just received my suppressor 3 months ago and got papers started, surefire was very slow at providing the can, now my new issue is i ordered muzzle brakes for my guns directly through surefire back in august and was told they would arrive on September. I just called a couple weeks ago for an update on them and the estimated delivery date is now February 1st. How can a company as big as surefire suck so hard.
PDW - Xiphos
IC - Spartan
IC - SPR
James4798
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby chironex » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:26 am

I just my PDW out of NFA jail and want to suppress it. I have a Saker 762 and want to use the ASR mount. Does anyone know if the ASR flash hider or brake will fit the barrel? The short barrel just looks different. Hope that makes sense.
chironex
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby James4798 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:13 am

I didnt change anything, using a Surefire Socom 556SB, works great for me, using the muzzle brake attachment method instead of the flash hider option. 400 rounds or so through it, not a single hick up
PDW - Xiphos
IC - Spartan
IC - SPR
James4798
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby James4798 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:30 am

Forgot to update this post once i finally got my suppressor. I hate Surefire's customer service. Ordered my Socom 556SB in like Feb of 2015, the store received it in may of 2016........ Then i received my tax stamp in feb of 2017! Two year process....... Ordered a muzzle brake through surefire in august of 2016, received it a couple days ago. How do they make money at this rate! I had to purchase a brake from gunbroker with a large mark up just to use my suppressor. With that being said, the suppressor looks and performs perfectly. not a fun process, but worth it. approximately 400 rounds through my PDW with it and no issues.
PDW - Xiphos
IC - Spartan
IC - SPR
James4798
Rank 2 Private ★★

Previous

Return to Suppressor Discussion