LWRC SMG-45

This sub-forum is to ask legitimate questions to be answered by LWRCI. Not to be confused with FAQs sub-forum which anybody can answer. This forum will be used for Announcements, getting an answer by a company representative. We will respond. Not a discussion forum, just question and answer.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Re: LWRC SMG-45

Postby BadKarmaZeroSix » Sat May 13, 2017 6:44 am

This thread seems to be dying slowly...i keep checking back, trying to keep it alive...i got 6 stamps in the process now, would love to have this one get started before i get all of em approved...might be picking up a honeybadger and a fostech origin SBS while i wait...c'mon logan, get your guys on the ball! :)
BadKarmaZeroSix
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby ACTIVE » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:03 pm

....so is this done or?

Anyone want to sell me some UMP mags??
ACTIVE
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby shot » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:35 pm

Every time someone adds a post to this thread I find myself going to the very first post and looking at the date that this topic was started.

LMAO.

Jan of 2015.

Quickly coming on three years.

I would like to take a moment of silence for all those holding their breaths on this one.
"Getting shot sucks balls." - Mike L. June 2013. (God speed on the recovery)

Evil Preaches Tolerance Until It Is Dominant, Then Seeks to Silence Good
shot
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:38 am

True but Logan did post this on the first page "Keep in mind this rifle is still a concept". Some folks chose to ignore that and got disappointed when their unrealistic timetable expectations were not met. It also means that it is NOT a high priority when compared to expanding and updating current products. The SMG is a step out of the box for them, the financing alone for a project like this is high. The time and money it takes to bring a concept to a working vehicle is mind blowing. So actually 3 years or more is normal for a ground up project. Most companies wont even tell people what they are working on until a tested working prototype is achieved. Some wont even release any info on a new product until they are within a year or less of an actual release date. All the complaining people do is exactly what discourages companies from releasing early information about their products. Just the threat or perceived legal consequences from a faulty product (especially a firearm) forces manufacturers to be 100% sure their product is safe before a release can be induced. Look at what's going on with Sig right now with the wrongful death suit that has been laid upon them. Here is Logan's last update "As for now the project is still 100% on." That is a lot more than most companies will ever give. In fact most wont even respond to requests on current projects.
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

Postby shot » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:29 pm

And out of no where a video game channel just gave a shout out to this exact weapon.
That video will spawn some interest.

https://youtu.be/JE492hN5sG0

shot
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby LoganBetterton » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:10 am

STONEYARDER wrote:True but Logan did post this on the first page "Keep in mind this rifle is still a concept". Some folks chose to ignore that and got disappointed when their unrealistic timetable expectations were not met. It also means that it is NOT a high priority when compared to expanding and updating current products. The SMG is a step out of the box for them, the financing alone for a project like this is high. The time and money it takes to bring a concept to a working vehicle is mind blowing. So actually 3 years or more is normal for a ground up project. Most companies wont even tell people what they are working on until a tested working prototype is achieved. Some wont even release any info on a new product until they are within a year or less of an actual release date. All the complaining people do is exactly what discourages companies from releasing early information about their products. Just the threat or perceived legal consequences from a faulty product (especially a firearm) forces manufacturers to be 100% sure their product is safe before a release can be induced. Look at what's going on with Sig right now with the wrongful death suit that has been laid upon them. Here is Logan's last update "As for now the project is still 100% on." That is a lot more than most companies will ever give. In fact most wont even respond to requests on current projects.

Well said Stoney.

As mentioned, this project is a 100% new model for us from the ground-up so it takes time. We also want to release something that meets the quality and purpose of our other products while also being different or better than what is already out there. Factor in getting first articles, testing, and more testing, along with ways to keep the price reasonable to consumers; these things take time. I get asked about this gun a lot so I have voiced this internally.
-LWRCi Logan
Email me here: LBetterton@LWRCI.com

LoganBetterton

Postby shot » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:03 pm

You know what would make things better for everyone...
LWRCi relocates ALL design, testing, and manufacturing to a firearms friendly state such as Tennessee.

shot
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby LoganBetterton » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:06 am

shot wrote:You know what would make things better for everyone...
LWRCi relocates ALL design, testing, and manufacturing to a firearms friendly state such as Tennessee.

We're still MD legal. :yup:
-LWRCi Logan
Email me here: LBetterton@LWRCI.com

LoganBetterton

Postby ZEOXEO » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:02 pm

:(
ZEOXEO
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Previous

Return to Questions for LWRCI and Announcements