M6 A2 PSD Pistol non sbr

Forum for the 6.8 SPCII Six8 series.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

M6 A2 PSD Pistol non sbr

Postby Alien1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:33 pm

I just picked up a used but like new LWRC. It's an older gun with non ambi controls chambered in 5.56. Might I be able to get a 6.8 upper and mate it to my lower or are there differences between the 6.8 psd lower and mine. I'd love to have a 10.5 6.8 upper to mate with it. The gun looks nib and i got it in a trade from the original owner. He said he paid 1900 for it in 09 and just never ran it.
Alien1
Rank 1 Newbie ★
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: M6 A2 PSD Pistol non sbr

Postby van halen » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 pm

The newer "6.8" uppers will NOT work with standard 556 lowers. The uppers, lowers and mags are a platform of their own.

The older ones would work with 556 lowers. Someone should be along soon with more specifics.
I'll just sit here quietly and play with my new rail panels...........
User avatar
van halen
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★
 
Posts: 3485
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:17 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: M6 A2 PSD Pistol non sbr

Postby Alien1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:31 pm

van halen wrote:The newer "6.8" uppers will NOT work with standard 556 lowers. The uppers, lowers and mags are a platform of their own.

The older ones would work with 556 lowers. Someone should be along soon with more specifics.



The more I thought about it I realized it had to be a platform all its own but thanks for the answer.
Alien1
Rank 1 Newbie ★
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: M6 A2 PSD Pistol non sbr

Postby bastardsonofelvis » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:21 am

The legacy lowers are the same. Multi caliber. If you get ahold of a M6A1, M6A2 or M6A3 upper chambered in 6.8SPC it will work on your lower regardless of barrel length.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
User avatar
bastardsonofelvis
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:50 am
Location: Mountain Colorado

Re: M6 A2 PSD Pistol non sbr

Postby Alien1 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:40 am

bastardsonofelvis wrote:The legacy lowers are the same. Multi caliber. If you get ahold of a M6A1, M6A2 or M6A3 upper chambered in 6.8SPC it will work on your lower regardless of barrel length.



How would one know if he had a legacy lower? Thanks
Alien1
Rank 1 Newbie ★
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: M6 A2 PSD Pistol non sbr

Postby STONEYARDER » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:02 am

non ambi controls, you have one. I wouldn't even go down this road. The new 68 platform was developed because there were a lot of issues with this. In the long run you will save yourself a lot of money and headaches if you just go with a dedicated 68 rifle and magazines.
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER
Moderator
 
Posts: 3825
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Mn.

Re: M6 A2 PSD Pistol non sbr

Postby Alien1 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:15 am

STONEYARDER wrote:non ambi controls, you have one. I wouldn't even go down this road. The new 68 platform was developed because there were a lot of issues with this. In the long run you will save yourself a lot of money and headaches if you just go with a dedicated 68 rifle and magazines.


Thank you sir! I wanted one anyway.
Alien1
Rank 1 Newbie ★
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: M6 A2 PSD Pistol non sbr

Postby bastardsonofelvis » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:34 pm

STONEYARDER wrote:non ambi controls, you have one. I wouldn't even go down this road. The new 68 platform was developed because there were a lot of issues with this. In the long run you will save yourself a lot of money and headaches if you just go with a dedicated 68 rifle and magazines.


Yeeeeaaaahhh I'm not so sure that's accurate. I have a PSD and a 10.5, both A2s chambered in 6.8, both with a few K rounds through them with zero issues. Barrett and PRI mags work as well as any I've used for any platform. The magpul six8 mags give reloaders a little more room for cartridge OAL, in particular over the Barrett.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
User avatar
bastardsonofelvis
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:50 am
Location: Mountain Colorado

Re: M6 A2 PSD Pistol non sbr

Postby STONEYARDER » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:37 pm

True but back in the day there were also a lot of folks who had feeding issues. At this point in the game I would rather have a rifle that's completely built around a specific caliber. If I had to choose between the old or new 6.8 rifle I would easily take the new. Glad to hear your A268 runs well.
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER
Moderator
 
Posts: 3825
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:48 am
Location: Mn.

Re: M6 A2 PSD Pistol non sbr

Postby bastardsonofelvis » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:55 pm

STONEYARDER wrote:True but back in the day there were also a lot of folks who had feeding issues. At this point in the game I would rather have a rifle that's completely built around a specific caliber. If I had to choose between the old or new 6.8 rifle I would easily take the new. Glad to hear your A268 runs well.


I don't disagree -- I bought the new platform in SPR and A5, the latter being my go to shtf stick -- but not because of any perceived shortcomings. The difference in expense between a new six8 and a probably used legacy upper is immense, and it's important for the op to know they will very likely function exactly the same.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
User avatar
bastardsonofelvis
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:50 am
Location: Mountain Colorado



Return to SIX8



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


cron