WARFYTR down draw mag carrier

Forum for the 6.8 SPCII Six8 series.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

WARFYTR down draw mag carrier

Postby Quick » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:00 pm

http://www.warfytr.com
What you guys think about these? I'd like to try some out. Getting together a rig for my Six8 magpul. I sent them an email asking them if they would make some for the Six8 mag. I figure with the few selections out there, couldn't hurt asking around.

Please let me know what you guys have found for the Six8 magpul.
Quick
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Re: WARFYTR down draw mag carrier

Postby BigBoss0311 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:53 pm

The owner of Warfyter is a good buddy of mine. Great guy. I have a couple of his products (I paid for them) and like them. He stands behind what he makes. Can't comment on the down draw, I don't have any.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
BigBoss0311
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby Quick » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:20 am

Well I just started looking around for companies who make carriers for the Six 8. I have not located any thus far. The market is wide open on this one. I'd like to know what those government agencies who contracted with the Six 8 are using.
Quick
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby Campy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:12 pm

They are most likely using pouches like HSGI, Emdom or Esstac. They are universal. They have rifle and pistol pouches that accommodate different styles/sizes. I'm setting up multiple PCs and deciding between those three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LWRC M6-IC
HK P30 9mm
HK45 Full size
Colt Defender 45
Campy
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby BigBoss0311 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:06 pm

most of teh guys that have the 6.8 where I am use tacos.
BigBoss0311
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby tomahawk » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:51 pm

That looks like a bullet proof mag carrier, and the down draw I've got to think is going to be super fast. Little spendy at $49 apiece, but probably worth it. Loved the torture test video.
"Justice is the one thing you should always find, you gotta saddle up your boys, you gotta draw a hard line." (T. Keith)
tomahawk
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby Quick » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:01 pm

Yeah taco may be the way to go for now. Was hoping to find an option that was dedicated to the magpul six 8. Haven't heard back from Warfytr. If only we knew someone on the inside, insert BigBoss0311 here, maybe we could get something started.
Quick
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby bastardsonofelvis » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:55 pm

Quick wrote:Was hoping to find an option that was dedicated to the magpul six 8. .

A while ago I had some custom made by OTGHex but they're belt mounted on tekloks. I just had to send in a mag.

I'm a little skiddish about that 'down draw' setup. I don't think I'd ever be comfortable running around with my mags trying to defy gravity. Any advantage it imparts is, imo, not worth it.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bastardsonofelvis
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby BigBoss0311 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:55 am

I can say these have been extensively tested overseas by guys who do this for a living. The owner doesn't put anything out that hasn't been tested to stupid levels that most equipment will never see.

*Again, I do know the owner so my opinion is biased. But knowing him allows me to speak from a position where I can say he stands firmly behind what he puts out, there is a reason every product he makes has a lifetime warranty.
BigBoss0311
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby tomahawk » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:44 pm

BigBoss, your recommendation based on knowing the guy does carry a lot of weight. And, his design that keeps the mags solidly in the carrier until you pull down and back to engage the catch does, in my mind, eliminate any worry that the mag is going to somehow fall out. My only hesitancy at this time is the price. But, I also know that top quality gear costs top dollar. I want to eventually replace my BFG carriers, and when that time comes, I'll be taking a closer look at these.
"Justice is the one thing you should always find, you gotta saddle up your boys, you gotta draw a hard line." (T. Keith)
tomahawk
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Return to SIX8