Who's left on this site

Discussion about all things optic. Learn and share your knowledge with others. Ask the industry experts questions. Be and educated buyer and user and squeeze all of the capability out of your small arms systems.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Re: Who's left on this site

Postby tomahawk » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:36 pm

BryceinUT, do stick around - lots of knowledgeable users on this site, and very little stupid drama. BTW, I spent many years out in Utah, Layton area. Where are you at?
"Justice is the one thing you should always find, you gotta saddle up your boys, you gotta draw a hard line." (T. Keith)
tomahawk
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby BryceInUT » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:13 am

I'm in SL Valley but will have to move out soon. Job change but boy I'll miss the mountains...
BryceInUT
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby jsha22lr » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:46 am

I still check it everyday or every other day. I finally got a job with steady hours, so I won't be on much. I hadn't been on the modern carbine forum in a while.
IC-A5 Fenrir, M6-SL
jsha22lr
Rank 5 Captain ★★★★★

Postby theWOLFF » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:43 pm

I still religiously check this site. Exactly once every year or four.

shite went down hill, sorry. The keyboard commando shite became overwhelming, with everybody "needing" a multicam .314 Unicorn caliber SBR that would fire reliably in FA underwater, suppressed. I used to LIVE here. Even drove up from Lower Alabama to Bragg to hang out at the 1st and Last Forum get together shoot. Darren and Joe and the dudes are sorely missed, but that's life. It just isn't the same company anymore. And, honestly, even though the mean price of an AR seems to have doubled in the last 3 years, I just don't see myself spending 2k on uppers anymore. I LOVE my IC SPR. shite is retarded. But the time and budget for recreational shooting just aren't there for me anymore. It's all rockets and 30mm nowadays. Yawn.

Still gotta appreciate all of the knowledge that was spread around in ye olde days here. TH317 dropped so much time into experiments, science, and then schooling us morons on shite, that we should have been paying him. Rcrandall too.

Matt and Marcy at Northwest Tactical hooked several people I know , including myself, up with great deals on rifles. Not sure what they're up too now, but I hope they're good. Nice people.

Rant complete. Got shite to do. I'll try to drop by here slightly more often. I hope shite is good at the mothership there LW.
theWOLFF
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:43 am

Wolff! Glad your still around.
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

Postby rcrandall » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:51 am

Good to hear from you. Last I heard you were still in flight school. Apaches, too cool.
Write drunk; edit sober - Ernest Hemingway
rcrandall

Postby van halen » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:04 am

Ain't that the truth, trying to get our son to look into aviation.
I'll just sit here quietly and play with my new rail panels...........
van halen
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby tomahawk » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:27 pm

Thanks for posting, Wolf, good to hear from you. Us "old timers" miss the old days when the site was so active. But, shite changes. I was hoping we could get more activity going here, so hope to hear more from you.
"Justice is the one thing you should always find, you gotta saddle up your boys, you gotta draw a hard line." (T. Keith)
tomahawk
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby LoganBetterton » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:40 am

tomahawk wrote:Thanks for posting, Wolf, good to hear from you. Us "old timers" miss the old days when the site was so active. But, shite changes. I was hoping we could get more activity going here, so hope to hear more from you.

I am hoping to restore this forum to its former glory and improve it. I think a huge part of the slow-down is that there is now less participation as many answers can be found on here. This gives a little less reason to ask questions and etc. There are lots of old threads with good solid info on ammo and etc by members here.

Even when there is a new product release or FAQ, I will usually make a thread that gives all the info needed. So there are less questions, speculations, and wondering. A perfect example is the SMG thread; 20 pages long because there is a lot of interest with no "definitive" info causing questions and speculations. Versus the M-Lok thread where it cuts straight to the point with 100% solid info; a couple posts and that's it.

But as time goes on we are shipping WAAAAY more products than we ever have so there are many LWRC users out there now. So I encourage everyone to continue posting; range results, ammo feedback, suppressor feedback, photos, the list goes on!

:D
-LWRCi Logan
Email me here: LBetterton@LWRCI.com

LoganBetterton

Previous

Return to Optics Discussion