Kahles K16i 1-6X24, G4B

Discussion about all things optic. Learn and share your knowledge with others. Ask the industry experts questions. Be and educated buyer and user and squeeze all of the capability out of your small arms systems.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Re: Kahles K16i 1-6X24, G4B

Postby Campy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Chris,

Thank you for taking an interest in this thread and offering your opinion. I just got off the phone with Jeff Huber (HPS LLC) Kahles USA. He answered the most pertinent questions that I had concerning the reticles available for the K16i. For the scenarios that I presented, Jeff felt that the G4B reticle would serve me best. Jeff further stated that the G4B reticle was also the most popular choice among the professionals running the K16i.

I also want to thank tommys229, Campy, and STONEYARDER for participating, and offering a ton of help and possible solutions to my request. It's important to note that a lot of "gun guys" aren't very helpful or supportive at times. You will note here, however, that the LWRCI guys that have offered suggestions or solutions are nothing but first class guys. It's refreshing, because I've quit forums before because of the ridiculous amount of fighting, name-calling, and arguing that goes on in the forum arena. Nevertheless, for anyone else reading this thread, be my guest to add your ideas and opinions. :wave:[/quote]

kshutt, You are welcome. I try to be helpful when I feel my knowledge/advice can be useful. I agree with you about this forum, most people here are wiling to help and not bash others. I would like to see pics of your scope and pics of the recticle. Also would like to know your thoughts on it once you've ran it a few times. Happy scoping & shooting.
LWRC M6-IC
HK P30 9mm
HK45 Full size
Colt Defender 45
Campy
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby tommys229 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:29 pm

Regardless of which optic you get, we expect a detailed field report.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
tommys229
Rank 7 Colonel ★★★★★★★

Postby kshutt » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Guys, thanks again for your help and comments. I certainly don't mind giving all of you a decent review after I get the scope of my choosing and have an opportunity to run it. One thing I've noticed on this forum, however, is that we end up with a lot of REALLY BIG PICTURES! :lol: I've never been much for posting pics, so I may not be up to the task... we'll see.

I believe a review of the scope will be more beneficial to everyone than anything else. It's not super easy finding reviews on high-end optics, because most folks just simply don't want to or can't afford to purchase them. So, I know a nice review from a regular guy like me with no vested interest in the brand will be helpful.
kshutt
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby chris@interstateguns » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:23 pm

kshutt wrote:
chris@interstateguns wrote:
kshutt wrote:Guys about the time I thought I was sold on the Swaro Z6i 1-6X24 with the BRT-I reticle, I came across the Kahles K16i 1-6X24 with the G4B reticle. Is anyone running this scope? It looks like to me that it can legitimately challenge the Swaro. Looks more like a tactical scope, too. (The scope will be mounted on my M6IC-SPR.) Thoughts and opinions, please.

Swarovski and Kahles are sister companies with Swarovski North America importing the Kahles optics into the US. The G4B reticle is a throwback reticle taken from Swarovski. With their new pricing it is a great competitor to the Z6i. In terms of the optical system, they are tit for tat.

With the K5i price point being what it is, we also sell a ton of those scopes.

I think it would be an AWESOME optic to put on your M6IC-SPR. I personally would get either the 1-6 or the 1-5 before I bought a Leupold MK6. Opticaly superior, lighter weight, better FOV, better reticle selecton IMHO.

Contact us if you have any more questions about Kahles Rifle Scopes.

Chris,

Thank you for taking an interest in this thread and offering your opinion. I just got off the phone with Jeff Huber (HPS LLC) Kahles USA. He answered the most pertinent questions that I had concerning the reticles available for the K16i. For the scenarios that I presented, Jeff felt that the G4B reticle would serve me best. Jeff further stated that the G4B reticle was also the most popular choice among the professionals running the K16i.

I also want to thank tommys229, Campy, and STONEYARDER for participating, and offering a ton of help and possible solutions to my request. It's important to note that a lot of "gun guys" aren't very helpful or supportive at times. You will note here, however, that the LWRCI guys that have offered suggestions or solutions are nothing but first class guys. It's refreshing, because I've quit forums before because of the ridiculous amount of fighting, name-calling, and arguing that goes on in the forum arena. Nevertheless, for anyone else reading this thread, be my guest to add your ideas and opinions. :wave:

No worries! Jeff is a killer guy. His time @ Nightforce has really gained him alot of respect in the industry.
Drop me a line if you are wanting to pick one up. I can get aggressive on pricing.
Interstate Guns is a division of SportOptics.com
Interstate Guns on Facebook
Interstate Guns on YouTube
985.340.1980 ----- Monday-Saturday 9am-6pm
chris@interstateguns
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby tommys229 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:24 pm

We have had tons of guys on here with great knowledge and credentials for guns, but I believe Chris is our first true optics dealer. The more varied our members, the more knowledge we share and absorb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
tommys229
Rank 7 Colonel ★★★★★★★

Postby kshutt » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:24 am

tommys229 wrote:We have had tons of guys on here with great knowledge and credentials for guns, but I believe Chris is our first true optics dealer. The more varied our members, the more knowledge we share and absorb

Tommy, I noticed that you like/recommend Bobro QD mounts in the Vortex PST thread. I had previously decided on a Bobro mount after talking to Jay at Sport Optics. I'm probably going to order the Kahles K16i this week. Which Bobro mount would you select, and why? The part that confuses me is selecting the regular mount, slightly forward, extended, 0 MOA cant, 20 MOA cant, etc. Any of the rest of you guys are welcome to chime in, too.
kshutt
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby kshutt » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:27 am

Chris, get ready to get aggressive! :lol:
kshutt
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby tommys229 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:16 pm

Well this just got kinky and weird
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
tommys229
Rank 7 Colonel ★★★★★★★

Postby kshutt » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:48 pm

tommys229 wrote:Well this just got kinky and weird

Chris said, "I can get aggressive on pricing." :) I think I'm the one that needs to get aggressive on pricing! Midway USA has this scope on sale right now for $2,045.84.
kshutt
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby tommys229 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:21 pm

If Chris won't pay YOU to take it, then find another dealer.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
tommys229
Rank 7 Colonel ★★★★★★★

Postby chris@interstateguns » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:05 pm

tommys229 wrote:If Chris won't pay YOU to take it, then find another dealer.

We haven't established ourselves as a major player in the premium optics market by not taking care of our customers.

Thanks so much for the phone call kevin. It was great talking with you. I know you'll enjoy the glass and we look forward to seeing the package once its put together. :wave:
Interstate Guns is a division of SportOptics.com
Interstate Guns on Facebook
Interstate Guns on YouTube
985.340.1980 ----- Monday-Saturday 9am-6pm
chris@interstateguns
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby tommys229 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:19 pm

chris@interstateguns wrote:
tommys229 wrote:If Chris won't pay YOU to take it, then find another dealer.

We haven't established ourselves as a major player in the premium optics market by not taking care of our customers.

Thanks so much for the phone call kevin. It was great talking with you. I know you'll enjoy the glass and we look forward to seeing the package once its put together. :wave:

Oh trust me, when we spoke on the phone months ago with regards to my bobro mount, I was thoroughly impressed.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
tommys229
Rank 7 Colonel ★★★★★★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:32 pm

So you got the Kahles for 2K? :shock: That's a smoking deal!
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

Postby kshutt » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:01 am

STONEYARDER wrote:So you got the Kahles for 2K? :shock: That's a smoking deal!

I had actually talked to several of the Sport Optics guys a few times in the last month. The first call I made over a month ago was to inquire about the Swarovski Z6i. One of the things that really impressed me about the Sport Optics staff was their knowledge base and ability to answer questions about several high-end products. No one that ever helped me was rude or made me feel rushed when I called. Sport Optics is nothing but first class all the way.

STONEYARDER, it pays to be patient! :D After I spoke to Andrew Bobro yesterday about the mount and got that squared away, I called Chris at Sport Optics. Chris answered a few more questions and my Kahles K16i 1-6x24 (G4B reticle) and Bobro mount (30-0E, 30mm QD Scope Mount - Extended - 0 MOA Cant, B03-202-300) should be on the way today. Oh, did I mention this smokin' deal included the Bobro mount? :o The package deal I got was awesome, and Sport Optics has a customer for life now. THANKS, CHRIS! :wave:
kshutt
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:09 pm

I was doing some research on this optic and came across this thread. :mrgreen:
Did you ever get this optic??? The more I research it the more I see what an amazing optic it is. Here's a great review I found.
http://www.westernshooter.com/2014/09/k ... eview.html

I started looking at the SWFA 1x6 then went to the Vortex Razor 1x6 and now I am considering the Kahles. Its the only one that has ALL the features I am looking for.
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

PreviousNext

Return to Optics Discussion