Supercavitating rifle ammo

News, Notes, Info and RULES

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Supercavitating rifle ammo

Postby Merlin32 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:25 pm

I was reading this article today and though it might be interesting to others . If I should be in a different section please move. This ammo revolutionizes high risk water born assaults as the standard 5.56 can travel 15 yards through the water before it dumps it's energy. The cool part is that you can fire from under the surface and hit a soft target that is outside the water. You need only account for the optical illusion the water creates... A 50 cal round can go 60 meters!

DR Exclusive! Revolutionary DSG Technology Supercavitating Rifle Ammo for Shooting Underwater (Tactical Underwater Shooting), from Air to Water, and from Water to Air: Amphibious Multi-Environment Ammunition (MEA) for Tactical Waterborne Operations (Photos and Video!)

http://www.defensereview.com/revolutionary-dsg-supercavitating-rifle-ammo-for-shooting-underwater-into-the-water-or-out-of-the-water-multi-environment-ammunition-mea-makes-its-debut-photos-and-video/
Merlin32
Rank 3 Chief ★★★

Re: Supercavitating rifle ammo

Postby joea132 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:44 pm

Very interesting article. Thanks for sharing. Next time I do an amphibious assault out of my swimming pool I'll be all set! Hahaha
joea132
Rank 2 Private ★★

Re: Supercavitating rifle ammo

Postby Merlin32 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:30 pm

joea132 wrote:Very interesting article. Thanks for sharing. Next time I do an amphibious assault out of my swimming pool I'll be all set! Hahaha

Lol... Sub moa groups in a 15 yd underwater range... Can't use a gas gun in those conditions ;)
Merlin32
Rank 3 Chief ★★★

Return to General Info