New Marketplace Forum

News, Notes, Info and RULES

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

New Marketplace Forum

Postby JoeBoy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:37 pm

We've tried to clean up the Marketplace so that it is a little more user friendly for buyers and sellers alike. We'll get full official rules posted here shortly but in the meantime follow what common sense you have i.e., post in the correct sub-forum so we don't have to get all worked up about it.

As soon as I figure it out this forum will be auto pruned so topics that are inactive for 45 days will be deleted.

In the meantime, post away and be happy.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. -Hanlon's Razor

I do not regularly check private messages here, please e-mail me if you expect a response.
JoeBoy
Super Awesome

Re: New Marketplace Forum

Postby ThunderDan19 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:16 pm

JoeBoy wrote:We've tried to clean up the Marketplace so that it is a little more user friendly for buyers and sellers alike. We'll get full official rules posted here shortly but in the meantime follow what common sense you have i.e., post in the correct sub-forum so we don't have to get all worked up about it.

As soon as I figure it out this forum will be auto pruned so topics that are inactive for 45 days will be deleted.

In the meantime, post away and be happy.

Cool...

And thanks for the Bobby McFerrin inception... :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bNE-5TVAmg
Sic Semper Tyrannis
ThunderDan19
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby NewbieSupremo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:39 pm

This is great!
"Its impossible to say enough good about Matt and Marcy at NWT, it may even be against the laws of physics." -rcrandall
NewbieSupremo
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:57 pm

I always wondered why people didnt delete their threads after their merchandise had been sold.... Nice job on the marketplace update. Its so easy even Helen Keller could figure it out. :yup:
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

Postby UDT » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:18 am

Looks good, congrats.
What can one man do? You never know until you try.
UDT
Rank 5 Captain ★★★★★

Postby SGTmaddox » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:58 am

"I always wondered why people didnt delete their threads after their merchandise had been sold.... Nice job on the marketplace update. Its so easy even Helen Keller could figure it out."

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:57 pm

Actually, Helen Keller was quite smart...she knew how to use apostrophes to form words that are called contractions in her writings (it is when you combine two words to make one...for instance, it's means: it is). :smartA: But who are we to judge, she might even resort to using spell-check before typing if she were alive today.
If you enjoy freedom...thank a Veteran; but if you enjoy not cleaning your AR as often...thank LWRC!
SGTmaddox
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby Sleeper362 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:56 am

SGTmaddox wrote:"I always wondered why people didnt delete their threads after their merchandise had been sold.... Nice job on the marketplace update. Its so easy even Helen Keller could figure it out."

Actually, Helen Keller was quite smart...she knew how to use apostrophes to form words that are called contractions in her writings (it is when you combine two words to make one...for instance, it's means: it is). :smartA: But who are we to judge, she might even resort to using spell-check before typing if she were alive today.
Actually its is the possessive form of it. It's is the correct contraction form of it is. The college I got my undergrad from is unofficially known as Guilford Writing College. That is the only reason why I know this. So yeah you are right.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~ Ben Franklin
Sleeper362
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby SGTmaddox » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:03 pm

"Actually its is the possessive form of it."

Wouldn't "its" only be a possessive form of it, if the word in question had an apostrophe inserted after ....to spell its'...?
If you enjoy freedom...thank a Veteran; but if you enjoy not cleaning your AR as often...thank LWRC!
SGTmaddox
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby ThunderDan19 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:35 pm

its = belongs to it
it's = it is
Sic Semper Tyrannis
ThunderDan19
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby SGTmaddox » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:43 pm

Thanks for clearing that up...I stand corrected.
SGTmaddox
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:49 pm

SGTmaddox wrote:"I always wondered why people didnt delete their threads after their merchandise had been sold.... Nice job on the marketplace update. Its so easy even Helen Keller could figure it out."

apostrophes are overated...
STONEYARDER

Postby jbour13 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:17 pm

Derailing threads in an attempt to outsmart, outwit, or show thine E-Penis is bad form.

We've gone down this road too many times to count.

SGT Maddox, please reel in your pecker so you don't step on it again. :mrgreen:

Thread back on topic:

I'm going through periodically and deleting old threads or moving the most current to least relevant to the new forum. I'll leave the ghost thread in place for 1 week on the most recent to let people get a feel and not lose track of something that interested them or their own post. Recommend the OP subscribe to their own thread to keep up to speed on potential buyers.

Please keep doing what you are doing by following the simple format and placing your goods in the proper section. It helps us moderate these better and get rid of clutter.

If you are at 45 days and you have not gotten a bite, but still would like to sell it, replicate your post, send me a PM and I'll delete the early version. We have asked the forum builders to disable and delete posts older than 45 days. This of course is a proposal and will take some time to tinker and finish, and will only be applied to the Marketplace subforums where there are things for sale, or WTB's. The feedback forum will go as long as you can still keep it in the true spirit of it's intended use.

If you post, and sell the item, please consider changing your thread title.

SPF will stay until the 45 day time elapses.
If you state "Please Close" anywhere in the title, we'll close and delete unless there is a lesson learned. I'd ask that you consider placing your learned lesson up in the feedback thread so we don't have severe necroposting, or rampant threads going unchecked.

As always, report suspicious posts, or those that have someone needing a good digital smack upside the head.

We are open for inputs as long as they are realistic, and can be maintained with longevity in mind. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Thanks all, and keep selling your goodies.
"Luck favors the prepared"
-Thomas Edison-
jbour13

Postby SGTmaddox » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:40 pm

Consider the pecker "holstered". No harm intended, just not a big fan of jokes against anyone who is blind or deaf since I have had two family members who had to suffer with both disabilities. Guess a forum is not the best place to have a "soft spot"....and everyone has a touchy subject.
SGTmaddox
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:00 pm

No disrespect was intended towards the deaf or blind, in fact a friend of mine is deaf and knowing him he would have laughed his arse off at that one. They do have a sense of humor you know, and know how to laugh at themselves as well. :wave:
STONEYARDER

Postby SGTmaddox » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:11 pm

STONEYARDER 556,

No prob, I guess we just kinda' sorta' kissed and made up...and I don't even know your name! :wink: I saw your post before heading off to work this morning and it just rubbed me the wrong way. I should watch my tongue since I started a thread a few years ago here regarding "Super Duper Mall Ninjas"....probably still have some Mtn. Dew Code Red drinking, fat and nasty teenies still pissed about that! FYI...I do have a friend with a fake eye, that use to take his glass eye out in school...and stare at it. When the teacher finally got made enough and asked him what in the world he thought he was doing...he responded: "Me, nothing...just sitting here looking at myself". :grin: Still funny to this day!

Cheers to you!
SGTmaddox
Rank 2 Private ★★

Next

Return to General Info