DEA rifle concerns

The M6 Series of Rifles and Carbines.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

DEA rifle concerns

Postby midwest7196 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:47 am

I just purchased a M6A2 DEA rifle about 3-4 weeks ago, I had a few concerns hopefully someone can chime in. I know this rifle is discontinued, but I bought it from a dealer online that had a new one in stock.
-Mine is marked M6A2 and not D-DEA like in the pictures
-Mine does not have an Advanced Combat bolt, It has regular mil spec bolt
- Takedown pins are not identical
- Came with LWRC compact stock instead of Vltor or LMT Sopmod stock
I was just curious on why my rifle did not come with whats listed above and did LWRC ship any DEA models in my configuration?
midwest7196
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Re: DEA rifle concerns

Postby van halen » Wed May 17, 2017 7:06 am

If you have the original box, what's the model #?

Front and rear takedown pins should not be identical.

The ACB is no more, long story.

I'm not very familiar with the DEA model, post a clearer pic of it.
I'll just sit here quietly and play with my new rail panels...........
van halen
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Wed May 17, 2017 9:42 am

Agreed, post a picture of your rifle and we can go from there. TDP are different in general, the front is larger and has a cutout to fit in the flat face. Not sure what you mean by "identical". I know the true DEA model is marked DEA and has the American flag engraved or etched on the magwell and I believe it came with the Vltor stock but could be ordered with multiple configurations. I could be wrong but It sounds like your dealer advertised one thing and sent you another. Does yours have the YHM Phantom muzzle device?

Doing a little research I found a quote from Darren,"The commercial variant of the D-Dea were not supposed to be engraved as such. Just M6A2 and the flag. Only guns to DEA Agents with SAC letter had them marked that way. If someone has one marked that way it is either a mistake or a private sale from a DEA agent."

So it seems there was a commercial variant.
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

Postby midwest7196 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:30 pm

STONEYARDER wrote:Agreed, post a picture of your rifle and we can go from there. TDP are different in general, the front is larger and has a cutout to fit in the flat face. Not sure what you mean by "identical". I know the true DEA model is marked DEA and has the American flag engraved or etched on the magwell and I believe it came with the Vltor stock but could be ordered with multiple configurations. I could be wrong but It sounds like your dealer advertised one thing and sent you another. Does yours have the YHM Phantom muzzle device?

Doing a little research I found a quote from Darren,"The commercial variant of the D-Dea were not supposed to be engraved as such. Just M6A2 and the flag. Only guns to DEA Agents with SAC letter had them marked that way. If someone has one marked that way it is either a mistake or a private sale from a DEA agent."

So it seems there was a commercial variant.

I'm in California for the next few weeks. I will post close ups when I get back home to the Midwest. It has the American flag engraving and the pinned yhm flashhider. I thought all of them said DEA so I'm assuming mine is a commercial variant. It doesn't have a vltor stock or advanced combat bolt. Even though they are discontinued I still figured it would have came on my rifle as it is discontinued as well.
IMG_3254.JPG
IMG_3254.JPG (161.55 KiB) Viewed 1675 times
midwest7196
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby STONEYARDER » Thu May 18, 2017 8:37 am

There were problems with the ACB1, ACB2 and they were pulled along the way and replaced with a standard mil-spec bolt. To this day all their rifles come with the standard bolt. I imagine yours was built at a time when the issue was discovered. All of my LWRC's have them and they run great. At the end of the day high tech coatings aren't totally necessary on a piston rifle since they run so clean and cool compared to a DI. Don't sweat it, its a good bolt nonetheless. IMO the LWRC compact stock blows away the Vltor and the stocks that were offered at that time. If you decide to swap the stock back to original specs I would take it off your hands for FMV in a heartbeat. So the offset cost would be a wash for you. Even though its the commercial variant it still sounds like its the DEA M6A2. :yup: And we will need a close up pic of that flag on the other side when you get back home!
STONEYARDER

Postby midwest7196 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:28 pm

[img][img][/img][/img]
STONEYARDER wrote:There were problems with the ACB1, ACB2 and they were pulled along the way and replaced with a standard mil-spec bolt. To this day all their rifles come with the standard bolt. I imagine yours was built at a time when the issue was discovered. All of my LWRC's have them and they run great. At the end of the day high tech coatings aren't totally necessary on a piston rifle since they run so clean and cool compared to a DI. Don't sweat it, its a good bolt nonetheless. IMO the LWRC compact stock blows away the Vltor and the stocks that were offered at that time. If you decide to swap the stock back to original specs I would take it off your hands for FMV in a heartbeat. So the offset cost would be a wash for you. Even though its the commercial variant it still sounds like its the DEA M6A2. :yup: And we will need a close up pic of that flag on the other side when you get back home!

Here's a few pics sorry for the delay. If still interested in the stock let me know. Rifle is still new has not been shot still sitting on box
Attachments
IMG_3689.JPG
IMG_3689.JPG (730.9 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
IMG_3687.JPG
IMG_3687.JPG (1.96 MiB) Viewed 1081 times
IMG_3686.JPG
IMG_3686.JPG (1.53 MiB) Viewed 1081 times
midwest7196
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby LoganBetterton » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:26 am

Can you send me the serial number? This way I can verify what it was sent out as. Did it come with the original LWRCI box? The box should have a part number on it as well.
-LWRCi Logan
Email me here: LBetterton@LWRCI.com

LoganBetterton

Postby midwest7196 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:48 pm

LoganBetterton wrote:Can you send me the serial number? This way I can verify what it was sent out as. Did it come with the original LWRCI box? The box should have a part number on it as well.

Email sent
midwest7196
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby STONEYARDER » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Sure I will take the stock.
STONEYARDER

Postby midwest7196 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:37 am

STONEYARDER wrote:Sure I will take the stock.

Just seen this. Can u message me? I can have it out to you asap
midwest7196
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Return to LWRC Products