Need Help choosing your L.W.R.C.I.? Ask me here.

The M6 Series of Rifles and Carbines.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Re: Need Help choosing your L.W.R.C.? Ask me here.

Postby bastardsonofelvis » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:22 pm

Heck, by the time the feds are done jacking up the price of 5.56, 6.8spc will be the same price. No brainer then.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bastardsonofelvis
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby LoganBetterton » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:01 am

jbgadd wrote:Logan,

Thanks for starting up this thread, I could think of no better person to ask these questions. I do not currently own an LWRC but assure you that that will be changing in the coming months.

Here is my dilemma:

I am between the IC-SPR in 5.56 or the SIX-8 SPR...

This rifle will be used as a sort of general-purpose gun - I plan on doing some predator/hog hunting as well as well as some general paper punching. I imagine the majority of targets will be 50-250 yards...

Thanks so much for taking the time and I will look forward to your response!

Go with the Six8 :wave: . As mentioned, the availability is not like the 5.56. However, your getting a much higher performing round for hog hunting with the usability of a 5.56 rifle. Its well worth adopting. go with 5.56 if your designated to shooting paper, training, and so forth.
-LWRCi Logan
Email me here: LBetterton@LWRCI.com

LoganBetterton

Postby jbgadd » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:49 am

Well, I guess that settles it. Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I cannot wait to get my hands on my very own L-Dub. Y'all are simply the best.
Come and take it.
jbgadd
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby frozendave » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:55 am

Newbie here intrigued by LWRC with the Aimpoint deal. What not start with a great platform? But which model?

Definitely 5.56/223 caliber. Primarily for punching paper learning how to shoot. Suppressors finally became legal in my state so that might interest me someday, but not immediately.

Do I want a shorter or longer barrel? Thoughts please :)
frozendave
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby rcrandall » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:33 pm

16 inch barrel, M6IC-A5. I like the FDE cerakote, doesn't heat up in the sun.
Write drunk; edit sober - Ernest Hemingway
rcrandall

Postby civiliansheepdog » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:21 pm

Listen to RC. Can't go wrong with his suggestion.
"Our cause is just; being with one mind resolved to die freemen rather than to live slaves." - Thomas Jefferson
"Training should be like a bloodless battle, so that battle is like bloody training." - TigerSwan
civiliansheepdog
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:12 pm

Shorter than 16" puts you into NFA territory. 14.7" barrels have the muzzle device pin and welded. Take your time in your decision and think it through, its better to get it right the first time then to have to make a bunch of changes or worse, sell the rifle and get the one you really needed. I have 3 LWRC's, 2-14.7" (A2 SPR, IC SPR) and a 10.5" ICA5. I am not fan of longer barrels unless your shooting out past 400 yards. For my shooting style and personal applications shorter barrels work best.
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

Postby LoganBetterton » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:21 am

frozendave wrote:Newbie here intrigued by LWRC with the Aimpoint deal. What not start with a great platform? But which model?

Definitely 5.56/223 caliber. Primarily for punching paper learning how to shoot. Suppressors finally became legal in my state so that might interest me someday, but not immediately.

Do I want a shorter or longer barrel? Thoughts please :)

Can't go wrong with a 16" IC-A5. That will allow you to do it all.
-LWRCi Logan

LoganBetterton

Postby frozendave » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:25 pm

Thanks all - an IC-A5 has been ordered. Never shot one but I gotta start somewhere.

Had to order it drop-shipped to get it in under the T1 offer deadline but the shop says that means it won't come with iron sights. That sound right?
frozendave
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby STONEYARDER » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:48 pm

Yes
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

Postby The end » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:10 pm

The end wrote:I tend to research for a while before a purchase and have been looking around for range reports on the IC A5, and all I have seen so far is this http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/07/foghorn/gun-review-lwrci-ic-a5-individual-carbine/ and was wondering if the MOA this guy got was typical and If I should go with the SPR if I'm expecting sub MOA accuracy. Any testemony?
The end
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby LoganBetterton » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:50 pm

The end wrote:
The end wrote:I tend to research for a while before a purchase and have been looking around for range reports on the IC A5, and all I have seen so far is this http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/07/foghorn/gun-review-lwrci-ic-a5-individual-carbine/ and was wondering if the MOA this guy got was typical and If I should go with the SPR if I'm expecting sub MOA accuracy. Any testemony?

You should get better results then that. I've seen plenty of these achieve optimal accuracy. All the quality components/ tools are there for a shooter to achieve it. Its just a matter of making it happen. In no way am I blaming the shooter/ writer either as I was not there or know the full-scoop on the rifle he shot and etc.

We currently have do not have an "accuracy guarantee" due to the many variables to consider that are out of our control:
-Optimal ammo (match grade)
-Conditions
-Good shooter
-Good conditions
-Proper sighting

The rifle is merely a small ingredient to the formula (though it is an important one).

So, if all of these things are in-line you will generally get good results.
-LWRCi Logan

LoganBetterton

Postby Mastiff » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:53 pm

I need help choosing. I was originally simply going to ask what the difference is between the IC-enhanced and IC-A5. I'm looking for a piston gun, and I'm not a fan of the big front rail/foregrip that most guns have these days. Based on that alone, I think the IC-enhanced looks preferable. I intend to put a small red dot style optic on (no other accessories planned) and am not planning on a suppressor. Thanks.
Mastiff
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby LoganBetterton » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:56 am

Mastiff wrote:I need help choosing. I was originally simply going to ask what the difference is between the IC-enhanced and IC-A5. I'm looking for a piston gun, and I'm not a fan of the big front rail/foregrip that most guns have these days. Based on that alone, I think the IC-enhanced looks preferable. I intend to put a small red dot style optic on (no other accessories planned) and am not planning on a suppressor. Thanks.

If you have no plans of running suppressed there is no real use for an adjustable gas block which is on both the IC-E and IC-A5. I would recommend going with the IC-SPR as it does not have the adjustable gas block but has all of the features as the IC-E. Though; it DOES have a longer rail. If you want the fluted barrel and a shorter rail the IC-E is the only way to go.

This part number thread might help as well.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15244
-LWRCi Logan

LoganBetterton

Postby eps26 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:46 pm

I need help choosing my first SBR.

Currently, the front runner is the IC-A5 in 12". I like the 12" barrel, which (according to research online) should be more accurate than a sub-10" barrel. Also, I've started the paperwork on an AAC M4-2000 suppressor; the 12" IC-A5 appears to be able to handle the necessary mount for it.

On the other hand, I like the compact design (especially the stock) of the IC-PDW.

Two questions, then:

Can the PDW stock kit be installed on any rifle, such as the IC-A5?

Could the flash hider on the PDW be removed and replaced with an AAC suppressor mount? Pictures of the PDW *seem* to indicate that the rails would get in the way of the suppressor.
eps26
Rank 1 Newbie ★

PreviousNext

Return to LWRC Products