The L.W.R.C.I. IC-PDW

The M6 Series of Rifles and Carbines.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Re: The L.W.R.C. IC-PDW

Postby Calengor » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:09 am

Those things look awesome. It makes me very sad to live in MD and not be able to get these fine rifles made in the same state anymore due to their OAL. Glad I got my OG UCIW back when I did.
Calengor
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby Balnk » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Would anyone be willing to tell me the Overall length of the IC-PDW? Maryland will now allow this as a SBR but it needs an overall length greater then 29"
"Why do you like them so much?"
"Because they stand on a wall and state "No one will hurt you tonight, Not on my watch"
Balnk
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby Balnk » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Would anyone be willing to tell me the Overall length of the IC-PDW? Maryland will now allow this as a SBR but it needs an overall length greater then 29"
"Why do you like them so much?"
"Because they stand on a wall and state "No one will hurt you tonight, Not on my watch"
Balnk
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby xgame2k » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:41 pm

its shorter than 29. ha.
xgame2k
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby sig-x » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:51 pm

Will the upper work with a uciw short stock and is the complete upper available for sale? Would like to use this on a m16 lower.
sig-x
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby xgame2k » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:04 pm

You would need a standard bolt carrier. I would also like an upper in SIX8.
xgame2k
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby IptbaW » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:35 pm

any updates on when these will ship to dealers?
IptbaW
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby medic103 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:09 am

Tagged... money waiting in hand to order one of these!!!!
medic103
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby jtuttle » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Logan,

Any word on whether or not this is a good suppressed SBR? Am I better with the IC-A5?

Thanks!
jtuttle
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby LoganBetterton » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:47 am

jtuttle wrote:Logan,

Any word on whether or not this is a good suppressed SBR? Am I better with the IC-A5?

Thanks!

Sorry for the late response! I have been very busy here at LWRC. Remember email is usually the best way to get up with as I respond to all of them as soon as I can.

For your usage; your best bet is to go with the IC-A5 if you want to shoot suppressed. I do not recommend the IC-PDW as a full-time suppressed rifle. This is due to the proprietary PDW bolt carrier and buffer system. Along with this, it is an 8.5" barrel with no adjustable gas block. I am not saying that it absolutely cannot be done. Like all things, I am sure it can be done with necessary modifications.

The 10.5" IC-A5 has a longer barrel length and adjustable gas block. Essentially this model was created to be a SBR that can be suppressed and adjusted accordingly.
-LWRCi Logan
Email me here: LBetterton@LWRCI.com

LoganBetterton

Postby Leonidas » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:19 am

RightCoastRipper wrote:
jtuttle wrote:Logan,

Thanks!

Sorry for the late response! I have been very busy here at LWRC. Remember email is usually the best way to get up with as I respond to all of them as soon as I can.

For your usage; your best bet is to go with the IC-A5 if you want to shoot suppressed. I do not recommend the IC-PDW as a full-time suppressed rifle. This is due to the proprietary PDW bolt carrier and buffer system. Along with this, it is an 8.5" barrel with no adjustable gas block. I am not saying that it absolutely cannot be done. Like all things, I am sure it can be done with necessary modifications.

The 10.5" IC-A5 has a longer barrel length and adjustable gas block. Essentially this model was created to be a SBR that can be suppressed and adjusted accordingly.

I have run the you know what out of a 10.5" A5 upper suppressed and unsuppressed, select-fire and that is the way to go. 62 gr, no hiccups. Better be wearing gloves...
"...Immortals? We'll put their name to the test!"
Leonidas
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby The Big Kahuna » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:29 am

Had the first "supervised visitation" yesterday with my new PDW being held by the FFL while awaiting the tax stamp. Put 125 rounds through it.......ran to perfection.....no hiccups.....nothing......just pure beauty! What a great weapon and such a pleasure to shoot! :D
I was very sad when I had to leave it at the FFL when I was done. :(
The Big Kahuna
Rank 3 Chief ★★★

Postby Mike S » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:28 pm

I put 60 flawless rounds through my PDW this afternoon at Modern Outfitters. It was pure, unadulterated joy! My tax stamp can't get here quick enough!
Mike S
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby SUB-MG » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:13 pm

We put a couple mags through the IC-PDW with a Saker 556 suppressor yesterday and the gun ran flawlessly. The muzzle brake mount added another inch to the length but it is still a very nice compact package and allows you to carry the gun is a small backpack and you can install the suppressor in no time when needed.
B&R Guns
FFL/SOT
www.BRGUNS.com
SUB-MG
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby schneesb » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:32 pm

Any further word on when this will be released in 6.8 SPC?
schneesb
Rank 2 Private ★★

PreviousNext

Return to LWRC Products