"Scratch and Dent Sale"

The M6 Series of Rifles and Carbines.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

"Scratch and Dent Sale"

Postby James4798 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:04 am

was wondering if Logan or anyone has any information on the Scratch and Dent sale,

are we talking just cosmetic damage or something i need to worry about performance.
PDW - Xiphos
IC - Spartan
IC - SPR
James4798
Rank 2 Private ★★

Re: "Scratch and Dent Sale"

Postby BigBoss0311 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:19 am

interested. Would also like to know if it's possible to get photos of an upper before it is sent out?
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
BigBoss0311
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:42 am

"Scratch & Dent uppers are now 40% off! Only available in black cerakote.
Offer only valid until supplies last. All scratch & dent uppers have either a scratch or dent on the upper."

I am sure its significant enough(cosmetically speaking) that they couldn't sell it as brand new condition.
Call Joe, who does the webstore orders I am sure he can put a physical eye on it to let you know. 40% percent off an A5, that's a smoking good deal.
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

Postby LoganBetterton » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:18 am

James4798 wrote:was wondering if Logan or anyone has any information on the Scratch and Dent sale,

are we talking just cosmetic damage or something i need to worry about performance.

The scratch and dent uppers are 100% cosmetic. They will still perform as normal. 8)

As you know our quality control is pretty strict as we offer a product considered top tier. Honestly, you might not even be able to find the blemish on one of these. Sometimes these are as small as tiny dings or scratches on the inside of the upper receiver or something like that (that will not be seen).
-LWRCi Logan
Email me here: LBetterton@LWRCI.com

LoganBetterton

Postby PEFTOK1954 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:07 pm

I ordered one. Will see what they are talking about (scratch or dent) when I receive the upper. :lol:
PEFTOK1954
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby NMGuy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:55 pm

I think my M6A2 upper is an older scratch and dent deal. I bought it New for an amazing and almost unbelievable price. I discovered it had a minor little indentation/deep scratch right aboove the shell deflector and ejection port. Completely cosmetic. My brother has one just like it as well. His has a scratch as well on the left side of the upper. Both are of the highest quality and were a complete and total steal at the prices we paid! Threw them on some BCM lowers.

What was weird is it appeared they had been anodized after they were scratched so a + not having a shiny aluminum scratch. But my IC I bought new has a bunch of scratches on it now too and it don't bother me personally. I put them there FYI. I'm very clumsy and have been known to drop things from time to time... :)

I'll also add that I didn't notice the "dent" for months of owning and shooting when rifle. My brother didn't notice his till I told him about mine. So just don't even look for it and you probably will never ever know the difference.
NMGuy
Rank 2 Private ★★

Return to LWRC Products