Mk18 mod 1 upper modified with LWRCI piston system

A marketplace for non-LWRCI products.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Mk18 mod 1 upper modified with LWRCI piston system

Postby skyhunter143rd » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:07 pm

Daniel defense MK 18 ris II rail/ Machine to clear LWRCI piston system ..........Magpul FDE Cerakote

Daniel defense 10.3" barrel
Mk12 gas block
KAC 99051 (Taupe)
KAC 300m rear sight
CQD sling mount
LWRCI one piece BCG
Surefire flash hider
Colt M4 upper
Milspec charging Handel.....$1200+shipping

I built 2 of these a couple years ago. I might be one of the only few who successfully use this rail with the piston system.This thing runs flawless And is extremely accurate with 77 grain 0TM. I have several thousand rounds through my other one without one problem suppressed around surprised.I had the rail system machine to the correct specs to clear the piston system so nothing touches everything operates perfectly. It is at 30 rounds through it for function check and test. Image ImageImage
skyhunter143rd
Rank 2 Private ★★

Re: Mk18 mod 1 upper modified with LWRCI piston system

Postby Mossyrocks » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:30 am

Pm'd you
Mossyrocks
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby AGBM » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:58 pm

PM you
AGBM
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby AGBM » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:15 am

Having problem getting pm's to go out. I will take it if you still have for sale. Contact E-mail ljordanm118@gmail.com
AGBM
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby van halen » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:16 pm

AGBM wrote:Having problem getting pm's to go out. I will take it if you still have for sale. Contact E-mail ljordanm118@gmail.com

It shows out of your out box when they open it. Shows seller last logged on here 5/27.
I'll just sit here quietly and play with my new rail panels...........
van halen
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby AGBM » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:57 pm

van halen wrote:
AGBM wrote:Having problem getting pm's to go out. I will take it if you still have for sale. Contact E-mail ljordanm118@gmail.com

It shows out of your out box when they open it. Shows seller last logged on here 5/27.

Tried Two pc's doing the same thing, they are stuck in the out box. By chance do you think you could contact him and see if he still has it for sale. Could email me at ljordanm118@gmal.com

Len
Thanks in Advance
AGBM
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:29 pm

Even as moderators the only way we can contact people is through PM's. He probably doesn't have his account set up to get an email when he has a PM. It will sit in your outbox until he opens it. Sucks, but it is what it is. Give the OP a few days or so, he may be out of town or unavailable at the moment. Looks like Mossy PM'd him just after posting. Try PM'ing him to see what happened. I am curious how the Mk12 gas block fits into the equation.
This is probably a good time to mention to everyone reading this ESPECIALLY if you are selling something. Click on "user control panel", top right, then click on "board preferences" allow yourself to be emailed and notified when you are PM'd.
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

Postby AGBM » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:09 pm

STONEYARDER wrote:Even as moderators the only way we can contact people is through PM's. He probably doesn't have his account set up to get an email when he has a PM. It will sit in your outbox until he opens it. Sucks, but it is what it is. Give the OP a few days or so, he may be out of town or unavailable at the moment. Looks like Mossy PM'd him just after posting. Try PM'ing him to see what happened. I am curious how the Mk12 gas block fits into the equation.
This is probably a good time to mention to everyone reading this ESPECIALLY if you are selling something. Click on "user control panel", top right, then click on "board preferences" allow yourself to be emailed and notified when you are PM'd.

Thank you
AGBM
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby AGBM » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:50 pm

STONEYARDER wrote:Even as moderators the only way we can contact people is through PM's. He probably doesn't have his account set up to get an email when he has a PM. It will sit in your outbox until he opens it. Sucks, but it is what it is. Give the OP a few days or so, he may be out of town or unavailable at the moment. Looks like Mossy PM'd him just after posting. Try PM'ing him to see what happened. I am curious how the Mk12 gas block fits into the equation.

I am also curious how the Mk12 gas block fits into the equation like you said. But I really thought long and hard about it and it's straight forward. Looking at the picture you can see that it's a lwrc gas piston unit adapted to the mk12 gas block except with the lwrc's gas block. I have the 308 Repr, I need to look at a lwrc's 5.56 gas piston system to see if it is larger than the piston for the 308 cal. Things would have to line up gas wise. If you bore out the gas tube outlet on the mk12 gas block from front end to the back end of that block it would work. You just bore the hole in the gas block the same diameter as lwrc's piston unit and Just slide the lwrc piston assembly into the mk12 gas block, piston/ cup/ rod/ spring/ bolt Etc and you are done. Once you get the gas port hole on the gas block and the lwrc's gas piston to line up its all good. It would take a little machine work but it could be done. This is my take on it.

Ok I found a pic of LWRC non adjustable 5.56 gas block, my question is can the piece which the scrapes the exhaust tube be removed from the LWRC's gas block and reinstalled on the MK12 gas block? If it can be moved from one to the other and proper alignment its all down hill.
AGBM
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby van halen » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:22 pm

Like I tell some of my customers, if your sharp enough, and you have a lathe, vertical mill and Tig welder, anything is possible.
van halen
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby AGBM » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:33 am

It looks like it has been sold, better picture of how the MK12 gas block is setup . Website: https://www.okshooters.com/threads/item ... em.242313/
AGBM
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Seems like a whole lot of work for such a small reward. :roll:
STONEYARDER

Postby van halen » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:08 pm

STONEYARDER wrote:Seems like a whole lot of work for such a small reward. :roll:

Yeah, it might be possible, but is the juice worth the squeeze?
van halen
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:33 pm

Is all that just to get the DD rail over a LWRC piston system? Even then you loose quick access to it. A 12.7" M6A2 was the same thing.

That looks like an eventual weak spot. Hard to believe it would hold up over a higher round count.
IMG_0146.jpg
IMG_0146.jpg (94.76 KiB) Viewed 56 times

@AGBM "my question is can the piece which the scrapes the exhaust tube be removed from the LWRC's gas block and reinstalled on the MK12 gas block? " I believe its called a "Nozzle" and the "piston cup" covers it. I thought they were press fit into place with heat but they have changed the gas block several times over the years so its hard to say. I suppose it wouldn't be super difficult to fabricate a clone with the right skills and equipment. I guess that's the fun of being a mad scientist at times. :yeah:
STONEYARDER

Return to For Sale- All Others