Thinking about joining the REPR family...

Forum for the 7.62 R.E.P.R. series.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Thinking about joining the REPR family...

Postby millsmachinist » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:23 pm

I put this in my intro but I thought I'd join your group and find out a little bit more about the Repr before I pulled the trigger on one. My main question is what should I look for in a lightly used repr and see if I can change the Magpul PTR stock for collapsable but I want try and find an answer before I bought it.
millsmachinist
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Re: Thinking about joining the REPR family...

Postby Fongman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:02 am

Not sure what a PTR stock is - PRS maybe? I use the the ACS-L on mine and it is collapsable.

Main question is, what kind of shooting are you wanting to do? What are you looking to accomplish? Need to figure if a 7.62 platform will meet those needs. Hard to advise you what to look for when we don't know what your goals are in the first place.

Not a criticism, just curious.

Welcome to the forum.
The 2nd amendment is not just a right, it's a responsibility. So train like it...
Fongman
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby bastardsonofelvis » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:41 pm

You can use collapsible stocks on the REPR but personally, I like a heavy stock to balance out the weight -- even of the 12.7" flavor. I use a UBR on that one. I believe the 16" currently comes with some variety of collapsible stock.

The REPR is one bad mutha. The 16" is a very versatile rifle. You actually don't lose much velocity stepping down to 16" from 20" with the cartridge. As far as a used REPR, the components of the piston system are very robust -- as is everything else. Unless it had a round count over a few thousand rounds you would be fine IMO.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bastardsonofelvis
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby Ken gun » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:44 pm

I purchased a new 20" REPR last Friday. Installed a NightForce NXS 2.5-10 scope tonight.
Took 6 rounds to get on target. Shooting Hornady 165 gr steel match at 100 yards was grouping about 1.5" off a bipod. Very impressed with how well it groups.
Had a 16" M1A and it was junk! I think 18" barrel is the shortest for effective use of the 7.62.
But it sure would be fun for blasting away with a 16".
Went back and purchase a MK6IC and put 50 rounds with the old skirmish sights from the REPR.
Group very well and very fun to run a 20 round clip. Going to install the free Amipoint on the MK6 and a older Spikes Tactile AR.
Really like both guns.
Much better than my old car I sold for funding!
Ken gun
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Return to R.E.P.R. (Rapid Engagement Precision Rifle)