REPR Accuracy

Forum for the 7.62 R.E.P.R. series.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

REPR Accuracy

Postby SST2000 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:30 pm

I bought a REPR about 4 months ago. I really like the piston system idea on an AR platform. The gun functioned flawlessly but I couldn't seem to get the accuracy I've read about on this forum that other members seem to get out of their rifles. I tried at least 20 different factory loads from 150 gr. - 180 gr. Bullets. The best I could get was around 1.5 MOA (most of the ammo was around 2 to 2.5 MOA). Next step was to go to reloads. I spent a month doing load work ups and the best I could do was 1.2 MOA with 180 gr. Bullets. I tried switching mounts, switching scopes and nothing seemed to matter. I really wanted the rifle to shoot (I like the rifle) but it appeared that wasn't going to happen. Before you guys go ballistic on my shooting abilities, I shoot a lot of long range pistol and have a number of Contenders that I can shoot into 1/2 MOA. I have a NEMO Match 3.0 that will shoot into 3/4 MOA. I have a Colt HBAR that on a good day will shoot .2 to .3 MOA. In desperation, I contacted LWRC and spoke with Rodney Nelson. Rodney said to send the rifle back and they would find out what was going on. I was really happy with the customer service. I got a Fed Ex label shipped to me and the rifle was shipped back to LWRC. A couple of weeks later, Rodney informed me he had tightened up the rifle (I don't really know what that means) and replaced the muzzle brake with a new one. He informed me they had taken the rifle to their range (they only have a 50 yard range-odd for a gun manufacturer) and the gun had shot quarter inch groups. I was pleased to hear the issues had been taken care of and was looking forward to getting my rifle back. I received the rifle and took it to my private range the following weekend with 2 boxes of Federal Match 168 gr.(the forum preferred ammo I believe) and shot the rifle. This ammo had given 1.5 MOA previously. Now I was getting 2 MOA. Tried about 3 other brands of factory ammo that day and the rifle was actually shooting bigger groups than before I shipped it in. Frustration had set in. On Monday, I contacted Rodney via phone and told him the problem. He asked what I wanted to do with the rifle and I told him "I'd like to get my money back, a $3300 rifle should shoot better than this. I have a number of $1000 rifles that will shoot under 1 MOA". He said he would talk to the powers that be and call me back that day with a solution. Around 5 pm that day (I hadn't heard from him), I sent him an email asking what was going on. The next morning, I received an email from Rodney saying "Lets get the rifle shipped back again and we'll shoot it a 100 yd. range and see what the problem is. I'll send you a Fed Ex shipping label." I have yet to receive a shipping label and that was 5 days ago. I don't understand why the rifle wasn't repaired the first time it was sent in. In my opinion, that's poor customer service. If I put my new car in the shop because it's pulling to the left and I get it back and its still pulling to the left, I'm not a happy customer. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED THE FIRST TIME. I'm not sure anything was done to the rifle, other than a new muzzle brake being added. I got tired of all this and have sold the rifle. I'm not waiting on poor customer service and another round of "we got it fixed". It should have been fixed the first time. I'm sincerely glad you guys all have REPR's that shoot 1/2 MOA. Mine wouldn't and I got no satisfaction from Rodney. I SERIOUSLY DOUBT LWRC WILL LEAVE THIS POST UP FOR LONG BUT PEOPLE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO HEAR ABOUT THESE PROBLEMS AND HOW THE MANUFACTURER WILL HANDLE THEM WHEN THEY SPEND 3K PLUS ON A RIFLE.
SST2000
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Re: REPR Accuracy

Postby STONEYARDER » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:50 pm

"Rodney informed me he had tightened up the rifle (I don't really know what that means)"

They pulled the rifle apart and checked barrel torque and looked for any thing that was out of spec. This isn't their first rodeo, I am positive they have had rifles returned in the past for similar issues as all rifle manufacturers do. They all have SOP's they follow based on their return experience's. Email Rodney again and ask him to replace the barrel.

"IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED THE FIRST TIME" Maybe so, but that's not reality regardless of the manufacturer. I had to take my new truck in 8 times just over an air conditioning issue that they could not seem to fix and on the ninth time it cost me $1000 for a part that wasn't covered under the warranty. You need to relax and exercise some patience. They will get it fixed right for you. Will it take another try or so? Maybe, but that's just life.

Did you buy the rifle new or used?
What ranges were you shooting at? You didn't list that which seems odd since you do "a lot" of long range shooting.
Does the REPR come with an MOA guarantee?
The REPR is a battle rifle, not a bolt gun.
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

Postby SST2000 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:26 pm

Well Stony, I don't know if you're on the LWRC payroll or actually work for the company but you sure jumped to their defense. I was shooting the rifle at 100 yards (which makes absolutely no difference because I was giving you the accuracy in MOA). I also didn't realize that SOP for repairs was to tell the customer that they got 1/2 MOA at 50 yards. There is no way that was possible so I really don't think they even shot the rifle (mabee that's SOP). If you had taken a little more time to read the post, you would have noticed a couple of things. 1. Rodney told me he would email me a Fed Ex label to ship the rifle back. 5 days later, still no shipping label 2. Due to the poor accuracy and the poor customer service, I have sold the rifle. 3. I told the person that purchased the rifle all the issues I had with it and why I was selling it. He was well aware of its shortcomings (which I was not, when I purchased the rifle brand new) when he bought it. I sure you were quite happy with the service you got on your vehicle and never griped at the service company even once. You'll probably recommend them to everyone you know.
I DOUBT IT. You are absolutely right about the REPR being a battle rifle, its not accurate enough to be a sniper rifle (as its advertised). Any rifle I pay over $3000 for had better shoot under 1 MOA with any good ammo or its gonna be gone. I'm guessing I could have gotten Battle Rifle accuracy out of a DPMS 308 for a heck of a lot less money. Mabee I got a lemon but Rodney had the opportunity to fix that and in my opinion, he blew it off. I've been in the service business for 40 years and if my customer comes in with a viable complaint about my work, I fix it right the FIRST time.
SST2000
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby rcrandall » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:47 am

If you sold the rifle why are you still here?
Write drunk; edit sober - Ernest Hemingway
rcrandall

Postby bastardsonofelvis » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:46 pm

Wait...you sold the rifle since your first post on Sunday? Or the rifle was already sold? RC's question is a good one.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bastardsonofelvis
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby STONEYARDER » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:35 pm

We don't mind if people voice their complaints and problems here but if you act like you are four years old and throw a non stop tantrum, disrespect the mods behind the scenes you will get your wee wee slapped. What kills me is that in all that he never even considered that the problem might be him and not the instrument. Had he stated that several other people shot the rifle and still had an issue there could be some substance to his claim.
STONEYARDER

Postby van halen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:53 pm

It appears he sold it, then came here to tell the world of his misfortune.
I'll just sit here quietly and play with my new rail panels...........
van halen
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby tomahawk » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:52 am

For a first time poster to jump in like that, especially after he already sold the rifle, is pure bush league.
"Justice is the one thing you should always find, you gotta saddle up your boys, you gotta draw a hard line." (T. Keith)
tomahawk
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby LoganBetterton » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:44 am

SST, I understand your frustration; spending good money on a rifle that is not shooting well. We want you to be happy with your purchase.

I looked at your last RMA when you sent the rifle in (this is based on the email you registered with on this forum) and the rifle was shooting excellent groups (we still have the target from this). We have no interest, reason, or motive to send out a rifle that is not shooting well; there is no benefit to be gained from this. We want to ensure that all of our customers are happy with their rifles and getting good results.

If you would like to send it back in or have another issue feel free to give us a call and Rodney or Ed should be able to help out.
-LWRC Logan
Email me here: LBetterton@LWRCI.com

LoganBetterton

Postby STONEYARDER » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:35 pm

"I looked at your last RMA when you sent the rifle in (this is based on the email you registered with on this forum) and the rifle was shooting excellent groups"

Thanks for putting that out there Logan. Tells me it wasn't the rifle after all...
STONEYARDER

Return to R.E.P.R. (Rapid Engagement Precision Rifle)