Maintenance / service schedules of rifles

Frequently Asked Questions. Use this forum to ask and get answers to your common questions regarding both LWRCI products, or anything firearms related.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Re: Maintenance / service schedules of rifles

Postby gus7 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:52 pm

JoeBoy wrote:
rcrandall wrote:Really? What do you think the barrel life on an M4 is? Try around 10K with heavy firing schedule. And when the barrel is shot out you don't need a new upper, just a rebarrel.

and some M4s see even less life expectancy out of their barrels, many as low as ~6800. So figure NiCorr= roughly 4 times the service life expectancy and without the degradtion in accuracy normally associated with chrome bores.

one reason for this the smaller bore diameter with high velocity the shorter life span ...add in the heat factor as well! cooler is better for life -better steels and heat dissipation like heat sinking ???may help ....lower velocity/psi like Grendel ???
It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford !
gus7
Rank 3 Chief ★★★

Postby whimpy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:11 am

darren wrote:When I get back we will post the exploded diagram and parts replacement schedule for download somewhere on the site.

I know this is excavating an old thread but did this ever become a reality?
whimpy
Rank 3 Chief ★★★

Postby borebrush » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:42 pm

We made efforts in the fall to get this ironed out, more'so "can that information be posted at this time?"

I apologize for this slipping past for so long. Solid milestones were something we started looking at last year, and last I heard on it six months ago, it was in a field testing phase to determine hard numbers.
The LWRC Armorer Instructor

"The Search Button is your friend.... not me" :P
borebrush
The Hammer

Postby whimpy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Thanks borebrush. Update appreciated.
whimpy
Rank 3 Chief ★★★

Postby C of M » Sun May 25, 2014 7:43 pm

Following up on old post(s)......Does an exploded parts diagram with part numbers exist for the REPR?

Long time pistol and shotgun enthusiast, some bolt action rifle experience but brand new to AR platform. Recently sold/traded for/purchased a brand new REPR 20" with spiral fluted barrel from local gun store. Owner's manual is woefully inadequate for even simple tasks like changing out the pistol grip. Yes, I lost the selector detent spring so you kinda understand why I am keenly interested. Seems there has been some interest for a couple of years. Any news?
C of M
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby TENMMIKE » Sun May 25, 2014 9:02 pm

change the repr pistol grip just like any ar,call customer service on tuesday im sure theyll get one out to you OR go to local gun shop and ask if they have that spring as its not lwrc specific. BTW that spring is not under very much tension so it couldnt have gone far.
TENMMIKE
Rank 5 Captain ★★★★★

Postby C of M » Mon May 26, 2014 10:31 am

Thanks,TENMMIKE. Found the detent but couldn't find the spring. Will check locally and/or order a couple. What its the setup on the rear takedown pin detent? Detent + spring? Saw a post on the forum referring to a "spacer". So, is it detent + spring + spacer?
C of M
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Previous

Return to FAQ