Brand New LWRC IC-SPR

Frequently Asked Questions. Use this forum to ask and get answers to your common questions regarding both LWRCI products, or anything firearms related.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Brand New LWRC IC-SPR

Postby Dallice » Thu May 07, 2015 10:07 pm

I just picked up my rifle today and took it out of the bad. I would like to go shoot tomorrow but this is my first piston AR and I am not sure if I need to clean all the factory lube off and reapply lube before I go out and shoot. To be honest I am not even sure how much lube these things need. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Dallice
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Re: Brand New LWRC IC-SPR

Postby bastardsonofelvis » Thu May 07, 2015 10:18 pm

Yup, clean off that packing shmeg and use the lube that came with it. It won't need much but it won't matter if she's too wet. You'll be amazed at how much carbon is NOT in your receiver when you're done shooting. In fact, this is the last cleaning you'll have to give her for a while.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bastardsonofelvis
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby Dallice » Fri May 08, 2015 1:38 am

Thank you very much. I will do that in the morning before I head out to shoot. I appreciate the response. Would you use a CLP to clean it all off or just a rag?
Dallice
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby bastardsonofelvis » Fri May 08, 2015 1:45 am

I rag the bulk of it off, then I use the slip 2000 and a rag...should take it off and leave a slick surface behind.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bastardsonofelvis
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Return to FAQ