Expecations of Customer Service

Frequently Asked Questions. Use this forum to ask and get answers to your common questions regarding both LWRCI products, or anything firearms related.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Expecations of Customer Service

Postby echo419 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:36 pm

I'm starting this thread to as a test to gauge expectations from board members familiar with LWRC, their productions and their reputation for quality and customer service. I ended up joining this board many years ago after being completely frustrated and annoyed with the company and one of its dealers. Since then I've had to contact customer service a number of times for various issues that arose from time to time. I can report that 2/3rds of the time I've had very positive experiences.

I'd like to know from the community what their personal expectations are when they have a problem or issue with one of their products. Be it large or small problem; how long should it take for the company to address the problem and get it resolved? This question should not be construed to include wait or lead times on products that have not gone into production. This is exclusively related to products already in hand. Examples would include rifles consistently malfunctioning, issues related to magazine fitment with the rile, failing to zero iron sights due to a cant issue ect. ect.

Additionally what steps should or would you take to resolve your issue if and or when customer service did not live up to your expectations?
echo419
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Re: Expecations of Customer Service

Postby Leonidas » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:23 pm

I will simply say in my 20 yrs in the business of dealing with firearms companies professionally and personally (and I have dealt with Sig, HK, KAC, Rock River and Colt to name the majors) I have never had a more responsive company than LWRC. Not only with orders, but individual questions and mission specific configurations. I have had solid relationships with others on my list, so I am not saying the others are bad, but I can easily say LWRC has been the best. This forum alone has executive level LWRC employees joining the discussions. You don't see that level of interest from many companies.
"...Immortals? We'll put their name to the test!"
Leonidas
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby Campy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:06 pm

The few questions I have had for them have been answered in a very timely manner. At one point I had the VP emailing me directly at 9:00 at night to discuss things. To me that is well beyond expectations. I ordered a cleaning kit from them, it was backordered and Otis kept missing the dates(this was when everything was crazy). The CS sent me a hat and stickers for my inconvenience, I told her I didn't have my rifle yet do no worries but she insisted on sending me those items.
LWRC M6-IC
HK P30 9mm
HK45 Full size
Colt Defender 45
Campy
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby echo419 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:36 pm

Leonidas wrote:I will simply say in my 20 yrs in the business of dealing with firearms companies professionally and personally (and I have dealt with Sig, HK, KAC, Rock River and Colt to name the majors) I have never had a more responsive company than LWRC. Not only with orders, but individual questions and mission specific configurations. I have had solid relationships with others on my list, so I am not saying the others are bad, but I can easily say LWRC has been the best. This forum alone has executive level LWRC employees joining the discussions. You don't see that level of interest from many companies.

That's a good perspective on things. I think that as the company has grown the involvement of key employees has diminished over time, however this is to be expected with any company. Darren does still give key updates when major things are developing. Don't know of many other companies that are willing give you an inside look into their latest R&D.
echo419
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby BigBoss0311 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:59 pm

For me the customer service of LWRC is one of the main selling points. How they treat their customers AFTER they already have their money is big for me. LWRC has been above and beyond my expectations when I have contacted them.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
BigBoss0311
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby tomahawk » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:25 pm

No problems with my A3, but they resolved two separate web store issues for me. First, ordered a number of parts, one of which was their ambi QD plate. I decided to go in another direction and asked if they'd take the part back & refund the $. They promptly did. Second, ordered the ACB II bolt and less than a month later, all the chatter started here about potential reliability issues. Called them, they swapped the ACB II for the std GI bolt and refunded the difference.

OK, so you may say these aren't big issues, and in the grand scheme of things, they aren't. But still, I know of so many companies in so many areas that would have told me to go pound sand. LWRCi is a 1st class outfit in terms of what they build and how they take care of the customer after the fact.

Echo, sorry that 33% of your experience has not met your expectations, but I've gotta think that if you state your case to them in a reasonable manner, they're going to take care of you. Regarding the Magpul 3 issues and the IC, that is one complicated can of worms, with no definitive (as of yet) culprit.
"Justice is the one thing you should always find, you gotta saddle up your boys, you gotta draw a hard line." (T. Keith)
tomahawk
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby van halen » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:36 pm

I would say L'dub and Ruger are the best I've ever had dealings with.
I'll just sit here quietly and play with my new rail panels...........
van halen
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby TH317 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:37 pm

I guess I'm just lucky. I've never had to actually utilize any company's CS department. However when I first took possession of my M6A2-S, I noticed the GB was gently touching the inside of the top rail. I called them up and asked if that was normal. The response was, "No, but it shouldn't give you any issues either. If it does, send the upper back to us and we'll get you squared away." I still haven't had any problems with that rifle and my confidence that the company would take care of it if something came up is as high as it has ever been. That's all I got...
Troy

"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6." - Col. Jeff Cooper

"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." - John Stuart Mill
TH317
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby bastardsonofelvis » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:56 am

I, too, was taken care of personally by the VP of the company when I had a special request. I thought then as I do now that it was a crazy level of customer service, and vowed to never purchase a semi-automatic rifle from any other company.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bastardsonofelvis
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby Adian » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:16 am

My main reasoning is shite is always gonna happen. I had to send my REPR for some tweaking and needed it back and it was overnighted back to me with a hat and sweater. In the end it's about how it was made right. The good thing with lwrc if things aren't being handled appropriately on a lower level people like AJ step in to find out where the breakdown is and make it right. That's all you can ask for.

Customer service is important to me when it comes to spending my hard earned money and I will always go back to someone who treats their customer right.
Adian
Rank 7 Colonel ★★★★★★★

Postby cmils » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:36 pm

My experience has been great. From my web order to my initial conversations with my sales rep. He spent at least 20 min on the phone walking me through my options, what optics might work best, the authorized dealers in my area. After I got my rifle, he was just as patient answering all of my questions. I was soo blown away by the level of service, that I asked for his manager's email and wrote a note describing how positive my experience was.

I also ordered a few items online and while the discount worked on website, when I got billed - it didn't apply. I called customer service, and within minutes they made it right and in my box from LWRC was extra stickers, a backpack, and a hand written thank you on my receipt. I won't buy a different rifle.
cmils
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby theWOLFF » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:41 am

My expectation is that LWRCI will stand behind legitimate problems with their products. What I've learned from this board is that they seem to go well beyond fixing stuff that THEY are responsible for. Anecdotal evidence proves that they have made things "right" for people who bought through nonconventional channels, and got shorted somewhere along the way. They've also taken care of users who tried to do their own small mods and damaged their guns. I wouldn't dare demand that level of service, but I sure as heck appreciate it.
theWOLFF
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby van halen » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:48 am

Agreed, they go above and beyond anything I would expect.
I'll just sit here quietly and play with my new rail panels...........
van halen
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Return to FAQ