What's Missing?

Frequently Asked Questions. Use this forum to ask and get answers to your common questions regarding both LWRCI products, or anything firearms related.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

What's Missing?

Postby andreys21 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:42 pm

I have a question for you guys. We all have numerous firearms that we have aquiered over the years. Some more than others. I have a list of firearms that I'd like to get at some point and the REPR is one of them. I'm trying to get the funds together as I post this but it's taking a while. During this time, I had a chance to really look at my situation as far as my armament and my wishlist goes and I've realized that a lot of the guns I long for would not serve any real purpose.

Here is what I have so far:

.45 ACP MC Operator - Currently up for sale to fund the REPR. I've decided to get out of the .45s and will be replacing it with a 9mm.
M6SL - I love it, it's not going anywhere.
M590A1 - A pump shotgun is a must.
6.8SPC M6A2 - This is up for grabs as well and will be replaced by the REPR.

This is what my wished looked like:

CZ PCR PRO-TEK
Glock 19 NS
Glock 23 NS
Sig P938 (maybe)
SigPro 2022 NS
Sig P229 Elite
M1 Carbine
.38/.357/.9MM SA Revolver Ruger Blackhawk
Mauser K98k
LWRC REPR
ARSENAL AK SLG-21
S&W 1911PD (Commander)
SA 1911 Champion Operator
Kimber TLE/RL II

This is what it looks like now:

.22LR Browning Buckmark
.22LR Remington 597
9mm SigPro 2022
9mm Sig P229 Elite
9mm CZ PCR
.357/.38 Ruger Blackhawk
.357/.38 Marlin Lever Rifle
7.62x39 Arsenal SGL-21 AK
.30 M1 Carbine
8mm German K98k or M48

Now, I'm not sure if I really need/want a REPR. We need to have a "revival" of sorts and "testify." Please help me renew my faith in the REPR and give comments on my wish list. Thank you.
I am a gun hater who reports you as "Domestic Terrorist" to Uncle Sam. My house is a Gun-Free Zone.
"Yeah, thank God for slow moving zombies.....the fast ones suck." - rcrandall.
andreys21
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Re: What's Missing?

Postby shot » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:42 pm

The REPR is a low maintenance, high reliability rifle where ammo, which may cost more then other calibers, is easily accessible.
Again: Low maintenance, high reliability.

It will always be there for you as long as you want and once you own it you will give a sigh of relief that you made the right decision even if that means it took a little longer to aquire.
"Getting shot sucks balls." - Mike L. June 2013. (God speed on the recovery)

Evil Preaches Tolerance Until It Is Dominant, Then Seeks to Silence Good
shot
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby Sleeper362 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:40 pm

Its a SASS that actually works when you need it.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~ Ben Franklin
Sleeper362
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby andreys21 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Does it illuminate the need for a bolt gun?
I am a gun hater who reports you as "Domestic Terrorist" to Uncle Sam. My house is a Gun-Free Zone.
andreys21
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby Dreaded Snowmen » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:10 pm

I would say it depends what kind of shooting you enjoy. If you like target shooting, a bolt action would be a better path. If you want a battle rifle, then the REPR.

Regarding the pistols, I like my pistols to all have common controls, but I'm not a collector either.

I like the Cowboy theme.
"...A can of mace, a forty-five,
Is all I'd need to stay alive,
But no weapon lies within my sight..."

-Watterson
Dreaded Snowmen
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby andreys21 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Dreaded Snowmen wrote:I would say it depends what kind of shooting you enjoy. If you like target shooting, a bolt action would be a better path. If you want a battle rifle, then the REPR.

Regarding the pistols, I like my pistols to all have common controls, but I'm not a collector either.

I like the Cowboy theme.

I agree about keeping calibres common and non-exotic. M1 Carbine and K98k are just something I always wanted to have as pieces of history along with Enfield, garand, Springfield and such and if I had them, I'd just take them out now and then for fun shoots or maybe even use for an occasional deer hunt. Single action revolver and lever rifle for second kind of cool and proven reliability for SHTF (dont laugh :-)). 1 or 2 9mm for sidearms for my wife and I. She wants a Steyr Aug but I'm waiting for Tavor since it uses PMAGs so we can use same mags and ammo. AK is mandatory for a Russian ;-)
andreys21
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby Dreaded Snowmen » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:31 pm

I think your list is fine. I would bump the priority up on the AK given the political situation. For the WWI pieces, if there is a CMP program near you, they offer period M-1s and other rifles periodically.

I play with the idea of a lever gun in 45-70 now and then.
"...A can of mace, a forty-five,
Is all I'd need to stay alive,
But no weapon lies within my sight..."

-Watterson
Dreaded Snowmen
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby van halen » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:41 pm

It's all relative and it's your nickles. Buy what makes you happy.
I'll just sit here quietly and play with my new rail panels...........
van halen
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby andreys21 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:47 am

I fondled the REPR at the gun show this weekend and I gotta say its lighter than I imagined, the side charger is smooth but they wanted $3500 for the base 16" model. I know I've seen them for less.
andreys21
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby Rumline » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:07 am

I can't offer advice on the REPR but I had to smile at seeing the Sig P229 and CZ PCR on your list. FWIW I had both for a while but ended up selling the P229 and keeping the CZ. As far as alloy-framed service pistols go, the CZ PCR is the best for my hands...it just clicked for me. I also like the CZ decocker better than Sig's.

Anyway, you've got a great "want list" going there. Have fun building out your quiver.
Rumline
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby andreys21 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:45 am

Rumline wrote:I can't offer advice on the REPR but I had to smile at seeing the Sig P229 and CZ PCR on your list. FWIW I had both for a while but ended up selling the P229 and keeping the CZ. As far as alloy-framed service pistols go, the CZ PCR is the best for my hands...it just clicked for me. I also like the CZ decocker better than Sig's.

Anyway, you've got a great "want list" going there. Have fun building out your quiver.

Here is a little update:

I sold my MC Operator and 6.8 :'-) ( my wife misses it more than I do). CZ are a pain to find so I went with the true and tested Gen 3 Glock 19. I've shot it and love it. Also got a Cerpa holster for it as well as minor upgrades (ss guide rod, 3.5lb disconnect and extended mag release.) Also picked up the Buckmark .22 and gave an AK on order. CZs are still on the list as well as the REPR. I just hope tax time brings in some money back ;-)
andreys21
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby Quick » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:54 pm

How come I never hear anyone talk about the S&W Sigma? My brother bought one when they first came out and to this day when I shoot with it I get good groups and it performs well. It also sells for only $300-$350. It catches my eye every time I'm doing retail recon. Did I miss something?
Quick
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby andreys21 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:21 am

There aren't a whole lot of people who'd consider the Sigma to be their go-to gun. I'd be down for a M&P9 because if the positive feedback from happy customers. From what I read, Sigmas have terrible triggers that cannot be improved and that's why, because all research is done online. People want most reliable, most accurate and best bang for the buck. Google all that and I doubt the Sigma will come up.
andreys21
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby van halen » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:49 am

andreys21 wrote:There aren't a whole lot of people who'd consider the Sigma to be their go-to gun. I'd be down for a M&P9 because if the positive feedback from happy customers. From what I read, Sigmas have terrible triggers that cannot be improved and that's why, because all research is done online. People want most reliable, most accurate and best bang for the buck. Google all that and I doubt the Sigma will come up.

Had one for a very, very, very brief period. Found out why it was so cheap.
I'll just sit here quietly and play with my new rail panels...........
van halen
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby agent691 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:34 pm

andreys21,
I first bought the M6A2 in 6.8 (16"), then got a Stamp and bought a 10.5" 5.56 upper.
I thought that would do it. Wrong.
I made the mistake of handling a R.E.P.R. (16") at my Dealer's Shop, I walked out with it.
The similarities between the two rifles obviously must have come from the same Mother, but break it down and look at the size of the 7.62 bolt! Nice!
The rifle has a unique (for me) action when fired; the whole action cycles slower and with more felt mass than the M6A2, it's that awesome 7.62! You will want to shoot brake rotors, concrete block, etc.
You won't be sorry!
Tim.
agent691
Rank 2 Private ★★

Next

Return to FAQ