Spares and springs ??

Frequently Asked Questions. Use this forum to ask and get answers to your common questions regarding both LWRCI products, or anything firearms related.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Re: Spares and springs ??

Postby van halen » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:03 am

:?: I've started to buy spare piston return springs/cups for my SPR & A-2 online. They list "standard" and "UCIW/SPR". I hate to guess and get something I dont need. I hate to call them with such a dumb question. Anyone have some clarity on these parts?
I'll just sit here quietly and play with my new rail panels...........
van halen
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby bastardsonofelvis » Tue May 01, 2012 7:42 pm

This is a great idea. LWRC guys, what do you think? I am also of the opinion that you would move a lot of parts real fast. Although, that may not be what you want right now, increased demand for parts, dunno.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bastardsonofelvis
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby tokengator » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:21 pm

anything more on these replacement part kits?
tokengator
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby Bytor8 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Just joined the site and maybe in the wrong place, but have a question. Looking for a new AR. Have it narrowed down to DD DI M4 or LWRC M6 SPR. Lucky enough to be able to afford either, but not both. Only question stopping me from have the LWRC in my safe is availability of spare parts. Assume the gas piston system is unique to LWRC and concerned that, god forbid, LWRC goes out of business, spare parts will not be available, leaving me with one expensive Bat. Any thoughts?
Bytor8
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby STONEYARDER » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:43 pm

Bytor8 wrote:Just joined the site and maybe in the wrong place, but have a question. Looking for a new AR. Have it narrowed down to DD DI M4 or LWRC M6 SPR. Lucky enough to be able to afford either, but not both. Only question stopping me from have the LWRC in my safe is availability of spare parts. Assume the gas piston system is unique to LWRC and concerned that, god forbid, LWRC goes out of business, spare parts will not be available, leaving me with one expensive Bat. Any thoughts?

I suppose that's no different from any other company with any product that has proprietary parts. No one can say for certain that any company will be here tomorrow but based off of their sales, customer service and innovative designs they aren't going to dissolve anytime soon. The DD is a nice rifle but the SPR is a much better rifle. I have one and LWRC going out of business is my last concern. I have extra springs, spring cups and a spare op rod and with those parts it will last a long long time.
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

Postby Bytor8 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:05 pm

Thanks for the reply, just working on my decision matrix. Think I will go the route of getting spares for the critical parts - just in case, as they are always nice to have on hand. The SPR is calling.....
Bytor8
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby agent691 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:15 am

Aren't we all a little O.C.D.? If not, we would not have at least one LWRC.
God Bless this mess, Tim.
agent691
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby Marc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:25 pm

Marc wrote:
TH317 wrote:Absolutely!!! A complete spare parts kit in a sealed package you could keep in your BOB would really help to take the guesswork out of it for those of us without a LWRCI certified gunsmith nearby. I'm thinking a vacuum sealed bag with parts for 5K, 10K, 15K all in their own separate bag. Figure @ 20K it's time for a new rifle anyway.

+1
Marc
Rank 2 Private ★★

Previous

Return to FAQ