Geissele SSA vs Hi-Speed DMR

Write a review on LWRC or other manufacturers' products.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Re: Geissele SSA vs Hi-Speed DMR

Postby theWOLFF » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:21 am

For the 8 millionth time... 18" REPR comes [from the factory, unless otherwise specified] with the SSA. The 20" comes [from the factory, unless otherwise specified] with the Hi-Speed DMR.

Guys, read the freaking posts before you post your reply. This thread was NOT a "what did you buy and why?" thread.

It seems that some of you have very little to contribute other than quick comments about what you have purchased/ installed and why. Hell, half the time you guys negate your own "testimony" by saying that you have zero experience with alternative products in the category which you just professed your supreme satisfaction with product "X". Nobody cares that you just bought the new magpul ladder covers, and that you find them to be the best ladder covers available (even though you have never even seen another ladder style cover).

Rant off. Beer on.
theWOLFF
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby Vdub5818 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:31 am

Damn beer on already? That kind of day :)
By definition, criminals are civilians that do not follow laws. So how would a new law even remotely stop them from obtaining firearms and committing crimes with said firearms? Stopping law abiding citizens from owning firearms only creates more victims!
Vdub5818
Rank 7 Colonel ★★★★★★★

Postby joeski » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:03 pm

theWOLFF wrote:For the 8 millionth time... 18" REPR comes [from the factory, unless otherwise specified] with the SSA. The 20" comes [from the factory, unless otherwise specified] with the Hi-Speed DMR.

Guys, read the freaking posts before you post your reply. This thread was NOT a "what did you buy and why?" thread.

It seems that some of you have very little to contribute other than quick comments about what you have purchased/ installed and why. Hell, half the time you guys negate your own "testimony" by saying that you have zero experience with alternative products in the category which you just professed your supreme satisfaction with product "X". Nobody cares that you just bought the new magpul ladder covers, and that you find them to be the best ladder covers available (even though you have never even seen another ladder style cover).

Rant off. Beer on.

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, just asking questions. Anyway thanks for answering the thread. I will overlook the comments since your having some kind of issues from people posting threads. Next time, I'll make a call to LWRC, which by far has the best customer service for the answer.

As to "8 millionth time", please quantify this. :mrgreen: :popcorn:
joeski
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby Sleeper362 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:09 pm

linuxman wrote:
Sleeper362 wrote:Hit and Run haters needs to be an entry in the urban dictionary because that is exactly what happens around here. I love my Geissele, its like snapping glass rods of copper coated death.

I just have the standard in my SPR (16"). Looking at upgrading it to an Geissele. I'd like your recommendation cuz 1 your local here. A friend says S3G. Thoughts? I don't have any Giesseles yet and want this before I buy my REPR.

Wow been a while kind of late to answer. I have no experience with the S3G. Personally I am not a fan of adjustability in triggers because it adds to the parts count usually, so the SSA is outstanding in that fact.

ETA Well I just saw that the S3G is non adjustable too, I don't know I might like to try one.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~ Ben Franklin
Sleeper362
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby theWOLFF » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:55 am

Ha ha vdubs. Check time zone.
theWOLFF
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby Vdub5818 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:19 am

Nice, didnt realize you were on the other side of the earth.

Anyway linuxman, i just put an SSA-E in my 16" spr today. Difference is night and day over the EFCG. But if your spr is more a cqbish carbine, then the regular SSA might be a better bet. The enhanced version is damn light but for my purposes of it, i couldnt be more pleased.
By definition, criminals are civilians that do not follow laws. So how would a new law even remotely stop them from obtaining firearms and committing crimes with said firearms? Stopping law abiding citizens from owning firearms only creates more victims!
Vdub5818
Rank 7 Colonel ★★★★★★★

Postby GMP » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:48 pm

I sold the DMR to a guy on here that was able to adjust it and take out the creep. He was very happy with it. I have added a SSA to the 6.8 and am very happy with it. My longer range precision rifles have single stage triggers that I prefer for those set ups. I really like the Geisseles that I have so far and plan to buy another. Probably the SSA-E, they have nothing but great reviews.
GMP
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby The_Evil_One » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:23 pm

I run GA triggers in all my AR rifles. Best trigger on the market IMHO. Well worth the price of admission.
The_Evil_One
Rank 2 Private ★★

Previous

Return to Reviews and Feedback