IC A5 Reviews

Write a review on LWRC or other manufacturers' products.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

IC A5 Reviews

Postby The end » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:19 pm

I tend to research for a while before a purchase and have been looking around for range reports on the IC A5, and all I have seen so far is this http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/07/foghorn/gun-review-lwrci-ic-a5-individual-carbine/ and was wondering if the MOA this guy got was typical and If I should go with the SPR if I'm expecting sub MOA accuracy. Any testemony?
The end
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Re: IC A5 Reviews

Postby bastardsonofelvis » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:11 am

The A5 and SPR are basically the same. The former has an adjustable gas block and the top rail is slightly shorter to access it. One is no more accurate than the other. Thes rifles are capable of 1moa accuracy, especially with a Geissele trigger. Personally, I wouldn't expect to see sub moa accuracy out of a Stoner platform.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bastardsonofelvis
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby NMGuy » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:23 pm

My SPR shoots 1moa easy with good ammo. I think a lot of people are over exaggerating their AR15's accuracy. These rifles aren't supposed to be tack drivers. With xm193 and xm855 you should see 1.5-2.5moa. The SPR is the same rifle as the A5 except for the handguard and gas block. In fact, all of the IC series are pretty similar. Usually just a different style handguard or gas block.
NMGuy
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby jsha22lr » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:58 am

1 MOA is what i get with mine with my 1-4x. I'm not a small group shooter, and I consider repeatable 1 MOA to good, some ARs can't do that. If I can hit pigs with it, it's good enough for me honestly. I mostly shoot pmc xm193 and some 70 grain orange tip Barnes TSX. If you do your part, it will poke holes where you wanna poke holes. If you see yourself suppressing the rifle in the future then get the A5. If not, the SPR will serve you just fine.

http://youtu.be/THPCnvASd2c
IC-A5 Fenrir, M6-SL
jsha22lr
Rank 5 Captain ★★★★★

Postby LoganBetterton » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:54 am

posting.php?mode=quote&f=4&p=183841

LoganBetterton wrote:
The end wrote:
The end wrote:I tend to research for a while before a purchase and have been looking around for range reports on the IC A5, and all I have seen so far is this http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/07/foghorn/gun-review-lwrci-ic-a5-individual-carbine/ and was wondering if the MOA this guy got was typical and If I should go with the SPR if I'm expecting sub MOA accuracy. Any testemony?

You should get better results then that. I've seen plenty of these achieve optimal accuracy. All the quality components/ tools are there for a shooter to achieve it. Its just a matter of making it happen. In no way am I blaming the shooter/ writer either as I was not there or know the full-scoop on the rifle he shot and etc.

We currently have do not have an "accuracy guarantee" due to the many variables to consider that are out of our control:
-Optimal ammo (match grade)
-Conditions
-Good shooter
-Good conditions
-Proper sighting

The rifle is merely a small ingredient to the formula (though it is an important one).

So, if all of these things are in-line you will generally get good results.
-LWRCi Logan
Email me here: LBetterton@LWRCI.com

LoganBetterton

Return to Reviews and Feedback