LWRC Angled grip mini review

Write a review on LWRC or other manufacturers' products.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Postby STONEYARDER » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:06 pm

After several years of using different fore grips and eventually taking them off to try something else I thought I was finally done with running them on my rifles. That is until Logan posted up pictures of their new AFG on the DI rifle and I have to say I was intrigued. After a few emails to Logan about it I offered to test one out and he was kind enough to send one out.

SPECS: L- 2 ¼” W-7/8” H-1 ¾”
Weight: 1.5 oz.

It was hard to tell from the pictures of how big it actually was and to be honest I was afraid it would be bulky but to my surprise it has a compact feel to it and was smaller than I had anticipated.(which is a good thing) The quality of the AFG is top notch, rock solid and well built. I like the fact that it attaches directly to the rail instead of attaching to a picatinny section first, this helps to keep the low profile feel intact.

The snakeskin texture runs down the angled slope and horizontal lines in the finger groove aid in grip to allow a good tactile purchase when initially putting your hand to the rail. There is also a sling mount on the back that has a steel insert to aid in stability. Unfortunately I only run single point slings and wasn’t able to test it out but with a sling attached to the rear it should be out of the way of the user’s hand.

I first ran my carbine course with it attached to my A2 SPR 14.7” It points and shoots well. I hadn’t previously noticed how much effort I was using to drive the rifle into my shoulder without one. The grip pulls nicely into your shoulder and forces the elbows down into a more natural and compact shooting position. Hand fatigue seems to be reduced as well. It allows the hand to roll slightly downwards into its natural position instead of forcing it up to grab a bare rail to get a solid purchase.
Switching from the right to left side quickly will take a little practice since I usually just run a hand stop but having a consistent index point should be better since I am not sliding my hand down the rail to find the hand stop.

Next I put it on my 10.5” ICA5. Initially I did not like the feel of it on the shorter rail. Maybe I was a little biased since the purpose of the rifle was to be as attachment free as possible. A T1/ X300 ultra and a hand stop are all I was going to put on the rifle. After an hour in the woods banging steel targets over rough terrain my impression had changed. Once again I think it goes back to the ease of ability to drive the rifle into my body which may be something I was missing. It seems like I have loosed my death grip on the rifle and am focusing more on target acquisition. Against my initial impressions it’s still on the SBR which is where it will stay for now.:mrgreen:

I am not sure if it was intended or was an accidental by product but the grip is very modular and can be used in quite a few configurations. Whether in conjunction with the rail panels or behind a rail section it runs flush with either and can be changed around to fit the users preference as you can see from the photos below.
DSCN2059.JPG
DSCN2059.JPG (210.54 KiB) Viewed 3464 times

DSCN2060.JPG
DSCN2060.JPG (188.34 KiB) Viewed 3464 times

DSCN2061.JPG
DSCN2061.JPG (202.17 KiB) Viewed 3464 times
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

Re: LWRC Angled grip mini review

Postby STONEYARDER » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:07 pm

DSCN2062.JPG
DSCN2062.JPG (190.32 KiB) Viewed 3463 times

DSCN2063.JPG
DSCN2063.JPG (146.21 KiB) Viewed 3463 times

DSCN2064.JPG
DSCN2064.JPG (156.56 KiB) Viewed 3463 times
STONEYARDER

Postby STONEYARDER » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:08 pm

DSCN2066.JPG
DSCN2066.JPG (159.09 KiB) Viewed 3462 times

DSCN2067.JPG
DSCN2067.JPG (157.64 KiB) Viewed 3462 times

DSCN2068.JPG
DSCN2068.JPG (155.16 KiB) Viewed 3462 times
STONEYARDER

Postby civiliansheepdog » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:56 pm

Looks smaller than I remember on the DI L'dub in photos. But it looks so much better and more functional than many others on the market. Will definitely be getting one.
"Our cause is just; being with one mind resolved to die freemen rather than to live slaves." - Thomas Jefferson
"Training should be like a bloodless battle, so that battle is like bloody training." - TigerSwan
civiliansheepdog
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby LoganBetterton » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:12 pm

Nice review, glad you like it!

These type of attachments can often be about preference to. These have a nice feel, they're lightweight (skeletonized), and also have a QD sling attachment. So its a nice use of space.
-LWRCi Logan
Email me here: LBetterton@LWRCI.com

LoganBetterton

Postby jsha22lr » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:41 pm

I'd like to get one, any idea of when they will be available for individual purchase?
IC-A5 Fenrir, M6-SL
jsha22lr
Rank 5 Captain ★★★★★

Postby LoganBetterton » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:39 am

jsha22lr wrote:I'd like to get one, any idea of when they will be available for individual purchase?

Should be soon. I have them in stock. Just waiting on the go-ahead to sell em.
-LWRCi Logan
Email me here: LBetterton@LWRCI.com

LoganBetterton

Postby Adian » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:03 pm

Looks eerily similar to the Fortis grip that came out a couple years ago
Adian
Rank 7 Colonel ★★★★★★★

Postby Mossyrocks » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:37 am

I've been drooling over this ever since you posted the DI gun Logan. The best part is the sling point, I can't stand that bulky qd mount that comes with the guns and have resorted to using 550 cord as an attachment point.
Mossyrocks
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Return to Reviews and Feedback