22 Suppressor

Write a review on LWRC or other manufacturers' products.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

22 Suppressor

Postby PinGorilla » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:26 pm

Looking to get a 22 suppressor. I am interested in the Sparrow and Warlock II. Anyone have any experience or opinion on either of these? I am leaning towards the Sparrow for easy cleaning, however the weight of the Warlock has my interest also.

Plan to use on 22/45 Ruger.

Thanks
PinGorilla
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Re: 22 Suppressor

Postby TH317 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:32 am

http://www.dakotasilencer.com/template-rimfire/

I went with the top one (Echo) for my Ruger 22/45. The salesman, Brandon (owner of Dakota Silencer), had pretty high praise for it. It's not rated for anything but .22LR, but that's what I was looking for... If I was thinking of running my .22 AR in full auto or picking up a rifle in one of those other calibers, I would definitely look into an Element II from AAC above all others (not to say there aren't other very capable suppressors out there).

If you're looking strictly for a suppressor for your pistol, I would think that Warlock 22 would suit you just fine. If you have the opportunity, I would suggest going to a suppressor shoot and trying one out first. I learned a lot about what to look and listen for in just a couple hours both shooting and observing several different makes and models in action.

On a side note, I have not yet received my stamp. The moment I do, I will be making tracks to pick up my can and give 'er a whirl!!! Good luck on making your choice and happy shootin'! :)
Troy

"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6." - Col. Jeff Cooper

"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." - John Stuart Mill
TH317
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby bastardsonofelvis » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:07 pm

The sparrow is the only one I have any experience with. It's quiet enough for me and very easy to break down for cleaning. I bought it when SF wasn't making a .22 can -- that's probably what I'd get now.
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
bastardsonofelvis
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby jsha22lr » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:03 pm

Check out the Griffin armament checkmate 22. I love it. My brother had a specter 2 and it's awesome.
IC-A5 Fenrir, M6-SL
jsha22lr
Rank 5 Captain ★★★★★

Return to Reviews and Feedback