Onpointfirearms, 5 stars

Write a review on LWRC or other manufacturers' products.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

Re: Onpointfirearms, 5 stars

Postby JimIslander » Thu May 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Evan,

Really? Disputing charges is preferable to you using wire transfer, ACH, PayPal, or even a check? This puts a bad mark on your record and can (by law) take 10 days to resolve, or more. It's not "easier" for the customer and not good for you. You may not be concerned about this with your credit card company, but it is never good customer service to require a client to do this. Did they ask you to please allow them to contest your charges against their card instead of you sending a check?

As for point two, maybe too tempting, but not something you should have done (mock customer on public forum).

If you don't think either of these acts are poor business practices, we are simply in disagreement. Now that your position is posted here, your customers can decide for themselves.

NOTE: I'm not saying you have not had satisfied customers and get zero stars as a dealer in general. I am saying both acts pointed out in your customer's post deserve zero stars. Your response did nothing to change my mind, but maybe others don't share my opinion.
* 6-years of loyal service *

ISLANDER'S LAW: Registration is Preparation for Confiscation.
JimIslander
Rank 7 Colonel ★★★★★★★

Postby FireWall0400 » Thu May 23, 2013 6:05 pm

Jim,

I don't know if you have ever been an OnPoint Firearms customer or you were just jumping in on this thread to offer your opinion based on someones comment. This thread started off with a bunch of people talking about how good the service is at OnPoint Firearms, and one person posted about a bad experience and now the post has gone negative.

I can offer both my opinion and my experience as a long time OnPoint Firearms customer. Evan and the operation he runs is top-notch, he has always gone out of his way to take care of me, and all of the other people I have sent his way. He knows his stuff when it comes to talking guns, and he has given me a lot of good advice.

He has some of the best pictures of guns of any of the dealers on the Internet, he is one of the few, if not only dealers that I know, that takes the time to put so many high quality pics up on his site, and I appreciate that. It's the attention to detail and the knowledge that makes doing business with him a 5 star experience for me.

http://www.onpointsupply.com/cart.php?t ... _galleries
REPR 18"
REPR 12.7"
M6A2 SPR 16" 5.56
M6A3 16" 5.56
M6A3 12.7" 5.56
M6-IC #83
PSD 5.56

NRA Certified Instructor - Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
FFL/SOT
FireWall0400
Rank 4 Lieutenant ★★★★

Postby OnPointFirearms » Thu May 23, 2013 6:15 pm

JimIslander wrote:Evan,

Really? Disputing charges is preferable to you using wire transfer, ACH, PayPal, or even a check? This puts a bad mark on your record and can (by law) take 10 days to resolve, or more. It's not "easier" for the customer and not good for you. You may not be concerned about this with your credit card company, but it is never good customer service to require a client to do this. Did they ask you to please allow them to contest your charges against their card instead of you sending a check?

Howdy, JIm. I don't see why you're so concerned with the way the customer received his refund. All that matters is that he received a full refund with a minimal amount of effort-- and much faster than any of the other methods you listed. All he did was pick up the phone from the comfort of his home and called his bank. Heck, he could've disputed the charge on his computer if he's a BoA customer. I don't know if you've done a wire transfer lately, but it's a hassle for both parties.

As a shooter, you should know that Paypal is VERY VERY anti-gun and they have been known to sieze funds associated with firearms-related transactions. So, that's a poor recommendation. A physical check would take at least a day or so to arrive and require a trip to the bank to deposit-- that is, unless the customer uses a smartphone app to deposit via photo. Regardless of the other methods, the dispute was the best route to resolve this matter for both parties. That was my professional opinion as a small business owner. You may also be a business owner and would've handled it differently, but that's your call. I went to a shitty state business school, so you could be more educated than I on the practice of running a successful business.

The chargeback/dispute is of little concern to me and my business operation. As I mentioned before, we have tens of thousands of satisfied customers and hardly ever receive any disputed charges or claims. I can count the times we've had a dispute on one hand in the last 10 years of business. So, it's not more than a minor blemish on our otherwise sterling record. Also, I took the time to explain the situation to the bank and they understood it based on the current volatility of the firearms market. So it likely will have no affect on our rating at all. They understood that a back order was canceled after 90 days because a client was being impatient-- nothing more.

I hope that explains the situation a bit more. If you have any more business-related questions, please feel free to contact me directly: evan@onpointfirearms.com

Evan
Last edited by OnPointFirearms on Fri May 24, 2013 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evan Kostreva, Owner
On Point Firearms
2421 4th ST N
St. Pete, FL 33704
"Super Double Triple Platinum LWRC Dealer since 2006"
www.onpointfirearms.com
OnPointFirearms
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby OnPointFirearms » Thu May 23, 2013 7:12 pm

Speaking of our photos... Enjoy!

<strong>LWRC M6A2 SPR 5.56mm with new LWRC SOPMOD stock and Giessele DMR trigger</strong>
Evan Kostreva, Owner
On Point Firearms
2421 4th ST N
St. Pete, FL 33704
www.onpointfirearms.com
OnPointFirearms
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby ox828 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:08 pm

In my opinion and experience OnPointFirearms and Evan have been more than fantastic in both their service and business dealings. I have placed multiple orders with them and their customer service and attention has always been top notch. Even during the height of the panic they would always keep me up to date on my order as well as answer my emails in a timely manner. I am currently waiting on (2) dea rifle packages that I ordered from him in Dec and I know that when it arrives from LWRC I will get them from him.
ox828
Rank 1 Newbie ★

Postby JimIslander » Thu May 23, 2013 11:11 pm

Folks,

Obviously Evan has many happy customers. But it's pure clown shoes to require any client to use a credit card dispute to get a refund. And it's pure clown shoes to mock a customer in a public forum. Past performance and thousands of satisfied customers can't justify these actions and have no bearing whatsoever on my judgment and "star assignment" of these specific actions.

Obviously, Evan, you think what you did was fine, and I think it was ridiculous. No number of satisfied customers justifies the treatment of a single customer to either action. Just my opinion. I have no personal beef with your company, have never been a client, and simply commented on this specific case of business practice. If you think both actions were perfectly acceptable, we'll just have to disagree.

JimIslander
Rank 7 Colonel ★★★★★★★

Postby OnPointFirearms » Fri May 24, 2013 9:00 am

Okay, I'm done. This is getting too scary for me. It hit way too close to home. Sh*t just got real. Did you hack into my webcam, Jim? How did you know I wear clown shoes?
Evan
Evan Kostreva, Owner
On Point Firearms
2421 4th ST N
St. Pete, FL 33704
www.onpointfirearms.com
OnPointFirearms
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby JimIslander » Fri May 24, 2013 9:19 am

OnPointFirearms wrote:Okay, I'm done. This is getting too scary for me. It hit way too close to home. Sh*t just got real. Did you hack into my webcam, Jim? How did you know I wear clown shoes?
Evan

Warrington's a pretty good school. I myself attended a little old technical school in Atlanta.

:mrgreen:

JimIslander
Rank 7 Colonel ★★★★★★★

Postby Announcement » Fri May 24, 2013 8:14 pm

Quit the dealer bashing. They would not be a dealer of ours if they were not good. Unfortunate incidents and misunderstandings happen.
LWRCI Administrator
Announcement
Sanctity protector of the board

Previous

Return to Reviews and Feedback