LWRC m6 SPR - out of box experience - Update: Fantastic CS

Write a review on LWRC or other manufacturers' products.

Moderators: STONEYARDER, van halen, jbour13, notaposer, LWRC-Jarred

LWRC m6 SPR - out of box experience - Update: Fantastic CS

Postby DrakinClaw » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:00 pm

First shots using 69gr match ammo where taken at 100 yards did not even connect on paper.
I was shocked to say the least. After doubling up targets, I come to find out the rifle is shooting WAY to the left. Shots were grouping, however i gave up adjusting my back rear iron sight once it was almost kicked over as far as it could go to the right.

There is something significantly wrong with this rifle right out of the box.
I could go on, but i would like to just keep it to the facts, with emotions aside.

Update:
I spoke with the kind and courteous Customer Service, very professional, and I am fully impressed. Within a few minutes of my call I was on track to getting this issue resolved.
Thank you CS.

Drakin
Last edited by DrakinClaw on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
DrakinClaw
Rank 2 Private ★★

Re: LWRC m6a2r5 SPR - bad out of box experience

Postby STONEYARDER » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Call CS monday morning and they will send you an RMA. They pay for all the shipping and will get it right for you. What is the distance from your last group to POA? Have you considered zeroing your irons at 50yds. instead? Did you take a large screwdriver and make sure the skirmish sights were tightened down completely? And if they are I would remove them and make sure they were attached correctly. When you reatach them make sure you hold them all the way foreward in the rail slot. There is a tiny bit of play in there and if you pull them to the rear of the slot, when you fire the rifle the recoil will recoop that small amount of play and throw them off and not necessarily in a uniform manner. Also were you shooting from a bench? Was the rifle completly stable? Throw us some more info..
Whenever tyranny has reigned in history, the people were disarmed first.
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” -Thomas Jefferson
"The US government is at war with the American people" - The Patriot
STONEYARDER

Postby DrakinClaw » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:16 pm

STONEYARDER wrote:Call CS monday morning and they will send you an RMA. They pay for all the shipping and will get it right for you. What is the distance from your last group to POA? Have you considered zeroing your irons at 50yds. instead? Did you take a large screwdriver and make sure the skirmish sights were tightened down completely? And if they are I would remove them and make sure they were attached correctly. When you reatach them make sure you hold them all the way foreward in the rail slot. There is a tiny bit of play in there and if you pull them to the rear of the slot, when you fire the rifle the recoil will recoop that small amount of play and throw them off and not necessarily in a uniform manner. Also were you shooting from a bench? Was the rifle completly stable? Throw us some more info..

Hey Stoney,

Thanks for your input. I've heard a lot of great things about LWRC's CS, so I am confident they will make it right. My last group from adjusting the sights was a good 12in from POA. To get the rounds even remotely close to the black dot on target, the back iron sight would have had to be maxed out all the way to the right, and im just not comfortable leaving it like that. As for zero, i prefer 100yds., but i do know some like the 50yds. zero. This is just my own personal preference.

The skirmish sights, i did double check. That was one of the first things i looked at after i fired a shot and didnt see any holes on paper. I looked at them thoroughly and made sure they were seated properly. I also was shooting from a seated bench position with a sandbag for the rifle to rest on, this is my method for sighting in a rifle, a nice stable platform. Then i usually go into standing-kneeling-prone once its sighted in.

The rifle groups fantastic for 100yds. iron sights, I cant deny this. Its just shooting way off to the left. Im not sure if maybe the REPR handguards are installed wrong, or the barrel? Everything looks tight with no funny gaps.

I love shooting practical rifle matches, and iv seen LWRC's preform. That is why i went with one.
But im not a gunsmith, so im only guessing at what it could be. But Im sure they will make it right.

Drakin
DrakinClaw
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby Sleeper362 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Bad Skirmish Sight I can almost guarantee you. I had the one of my new REPR take a crap on me, luckily I had another around and did my dial in with that one. Once I figured out the rifle was right I sent them the old sight and I got a new one in return to put on the rifle that the other sight came from. They will get you right. You have to hate it when something new out of the box screws up, but LWRCI will get you squared away.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~ Ben Franklin
Sleeper362
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby DrakinClaw » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Sleeper362 wrote:Bad Skirmish Sight I can almost guarantee you. I had the one of my new REPR take a crap on me, luckily I had another around and did my dial in with that one. Once I figured out the rifle was right I sent them the old sight and I got a new one in return to put on the rifle that the other sight came from. They will get you right. You have to hate it when something new out of the box screws up, but LWRCI will get you squared away.

Sleeper,

Thats a interesting thought, and one that i didnt think of. With sights, any little shift off center can really make a big difference. The rifle shoots very smooth and holds good groups.

I would love to test out that theory, but i do not have a second set of folding sights i could use. Im sure once I call CS on monday, everything will get squared away. Im confident in it.

Thanks for all your support guys,

Drakin
DrakinClaw
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby Sandman » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:31 am

As the others said, they'll get you squared away.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the AR platform and zeroing, but I find it helpfull to start at about 25 meters to get on paper and then work my way out to my final range I'm going to zero at. It may alleviate some of your frustrations with trying to start at 100 meters right out of the box.
"the ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Martin Luther King Jr.
Sandman

Postby DrakinClaw » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:38 am

Sandman wrote:As the others said, they'll get you squared away.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the AR platform and zeroing, but I find it helpfull to start at about 25 meters to get on paper and then work my way out to my final range I'm going to zero at. It may alleviate some of your frustrations with trying to start at 100 meters right out of the box.

Sandman,

Im not a master, but this is also not my first time at the playground either. Iv been shooting for 10 years, and attend practical rifle matches regularly, so im fairly confident in the AR platform.
25 yds. or 100yds. , doing the math both will have the same issues of misalignment.

Drakin
DrakinClaw
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby Sandman » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm not saying the misalignment will go away. I'm saying your misses won't be 2 feet from your point of aim making it a little less frustrating than trying to zero at 100 from the get go.
"the ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Martin Luther King Jr.
Sandman

Postby DrakinClaw » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:23 am

Spoke with CS this morning, and they were great. Fully impressed. I am on track to getting this resolved. :D

Thank you CS.

Drakin
DrakinClaw
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby ThunderDan19 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Hang tight. LWRC/CS will have you squared away before you know it. In the end, you'll like them even more because of it.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
ThunderDan19
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Re: LWRC m6 SPR - out of box experience - Update: Fantastic

Postby CarlosDJackal » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Good to hear. Would you care to share what the resolution is? Or are you having to send the rifle in for evaluation?
- 10.5" M6A1
- PSD/UCIW
- 10.5" M6A2 (2)
- 14.7" M6IC
- 14.7" M6SL/IC Hybrid
- 16" ODG REPR
CarlosDJackal
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby DrakinClaw » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:28 am

Jackal,

I dont want to hypothesize on what it could be, could be one thing, or a number of little things, but im confident CS will resolve it. They were great on the phone, very impressed.

Drakin
DrakinClaw
Rank 2 Private ★★

Postby Xrokroasta » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:33 pm

Good to hear things are working out. Hope its resolved soon. It's all about the customer service... Not enough good ones these days like LWRC
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

- Thomas Jefferson
Xrokroasta
Rank 6 Major ★★★★★★

Postby CarlosDJackal » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:03 pm

OK, so they're working on it. I read your post as though you found the issue and have since fixed it.
- 10.5" M6A1
- PSD/UCIW
- 10.5" M6A2 (2)
- 14.7" M6IC
- 14.7" M6SL/IC Hybrid
- 16" ODG REPR
CarlosDJackal
Rank 8 General ★★★★★★★★

Postby DrakinClaw » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Carlos,
Sorry didnt mean to mislead. The rifle is already at the factory right now as we speak.

Drakin
DrakinClaw
Rank 2 Private ★★

Next

Return to Reviews and Feedback